Mexican West Coast in October

Speedo

Hi all! Thinking of taking a 7 day Carnival cruise to the Mexican Riviera out of L.A. on October 3, 2004. This is my first cruise on Pacific West Coast of Mexico are there any problems cruising this time of year on this coast? What kind of weather will I likely encounter?

This is a great time to cruise the Mexican coast. I went on the same itinerary in late October and the weather was perfect. A little cool the first sea day but fantastic in all the ports. Not too hot and humid. Usually in the mid to high 80s with no rain. Enjoy!

Destiny 05

Dream 04

Sky 03

Fantasy 98

Ecstasy 91

Norway 89

Life is good

Stillfloatin' has it right on.

Have done this itinerary several times in the Fall and found the weather superb. As she stated, first day at sea with the PRIDE cranking on it may be a little chilly. Stay around the inner pools (2) and away from the aft Lido deck when this is the case.

The payoff for that somewhat chilly first day is a much milder mid to high 80s temp at the port calls.

Live well, love much, laugh often.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Hi Speedo!

I'm leaving for the Mexican Rivera 10/31 aboard the Carnival Pride. Can't wait. Heard nothing but good reports on the weather traveling that time of year. An extra bonus is the Halloween dress-up that is by all accounts a hoot! Let me know if you if you're still in the market for a great deal and I'll get you in contact with my group coordinator.

Bobbi

Carn Jubilee 6/94

NCL Norway 1/01

HAL Volendam 1/04

NCL Pride of Aloha 6/04

Carn Pride 10/04

Thanks glrounds, and Stliifloatin for all the info, this time sounds great. Bobbi0126 thanks but it is the October 3rd sailing of the Pride that I would be going on. This is the only time I can get my holiday so the Halloween cruise is not possible. Thanks all the same.

Speedo, I took the Pride last December, the weather was not too bad. A little overcastted at times. This was a nice cruise. We are from Michigan and had a little trouble with the time change. We did the early dining because my stomach is still on EST.:O). Make sure you check the port we went out of Long Beach even though the book said LA. We also found air fare right into Long Beach for about $250.00 from Detroit which I though was pretty good. I was told the cab ride from LAX would be about $70.00 ours was only $20.00. We did get to see the whales in Puerto Vallarta, I think Oct. is a little early for them. They were three nice prots though. Have fun John

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;4;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Time before another living legend is made.

Paradise (Carnival) 1999

Victory (Carnival) 2000

Destiny (Carnival) 2001

Legend (Carnival) 2002

Pride (Carnival) 2003

Miracle (Carnival) 2004

Archived