OBC and gift card question

Johnc3211

We have OBC for our upcoming cruise that I assume goes on our sign and sail card. I also have some refunded Carnival gift cards I was thinking about putting on the cards as well. Is there any order that Carnival uses the funds as you spend them on the ship?  I know the OBC is use it or loose it, whereas a balance on the gift cards could be refunded. I'm thinking they use the gift cards first. Can I pay for stuff ordered for the room after embarcation with the gift cards or sign and sail card only? Thanks

I believe that they use your OBC before they use any other forms of payment.

If you apply a gift card to your Sign & Sail account and you do not use the total of the GC, the remaining balance will be refunded to you on a new GC.

If it were me, I’d just wait until you’re onboard and spend all your OBC.  Then if you run out, add your gift cards to your account.  

At any point in the cruise, you can go to guest services and “pay down” your S&S card balance with gift cards or even cash. 

As to the second part of your question, after embarkation, I think the only way to order things for your cabin is through your S&S card.   

Prior to your trip, I believe you may use a gift card to purchase things for your cabin.  I’ve not done that.