A Real Stunner

shavdog

10 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

What did the TA say to give you pause?

Haha I witnessed a LOT of pearl-clutching by TAs on my voyage, so probably some of that. 

The other frequent "complaints" I overheard from TAs on board were how different VV was, which I think is what made VV so great!

• No cruise director (Worked for me, as I like to make my own decisions about where I should go/what I should do each day.  I don't need an agenda on vacation, as I have too many of those at work already). 
  • "Lack" of activities (I felt 5 nights wasn't enough to do all I wanted onboard.  We made it to all the restaurants except Test Kitchen, but weren't able to fit in all the activities - we missed bingo, most of the trivia sessions, the ice cream contest thing, and karaoke.  We prioritized live music, which was aplenty on our voyage in December)
  • No campy/overproduced shows (I can choose to go see a full production show on land if I want)
  • No professional photog (honestly who actually loves awkwardly posing for marginal quality prom pics, then being shaken down for prints that will go in a drawer forever?)
  • Relaxed dress code (yes, it is a-okay to get KBBQ in shorts and flip flops.  No need to dress in your formal tails just to have them smell like cooked meat in perpetuity)
  • No gold by the foot or art auctions (I can't tell you how much I appreciated not being nickeled and dimed or flat out swindled every time I turned around)
  • Like 5

On 1/19/2022 at 7:20 AM, canderson said:

Run that by me again ... tattoo parlor?  Would that be next door to the pawn shop on the Promenade deck?

No it's actually next to the "high street" retail shops like MAC and Bvlgari 😉  They bring in world-renowned tattoo artists to work in the shop.  Not my cup of tea, but I thought it was pretty unique!  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

I'm currently on Scarlet Lady. I guess my husband and I should be insulted that no one has hit on us to swing.  

Yeah, trying to figure out where this idea came from too hahaha.  It's an adults only ship, not an "adults only" ship.  As in... an option for people who want to enjoy their tropical vacay without kids running around and screaming everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Haha I witnessed a LOT of pearl-clutching by TAs on my voyage, so probably some of that. 

The other frequent "complaints" I overheard from TAs on board were how different VV was, which I think is what made VV so great!

• No cruise director (Worked for me, as I like to make my own decisions about where I should go/what I should do each day.  I don't need an agenda on vacation, as I have too many of those at work already). 
  • "Lack" of activities (I felt 5 nights wasn't enough to do all I wanted onboard.  We made it to all the restaurants except Test Kitchen, but weren't able to fit in all the activities - we missed bingo, most of the trivia sessions, the ice cream contest thing, and karaoke.  We prioritized live music, which was aplenty on our voyage in December)
  • No campy/overproduced shows (I can choose to go see a full production show on land if I want)
  • No professional photog (honestly who actually loves awkwardly posing for marginal quality prom pics, then being shaken down for prints that will go in a drawer forever?)
  • Relaxed dress code (yes, it is a-okay to get KBBQ in shorts and flip flops.  No need to dress in your formal tails just to have them smell like cooked meat in perpetuity)
  • No gold by the foot or art auctions (I can't tell you how much I appreciated not being nickeled and dimed or flat out swindled every time I turned around)

thanks for stealing my pros list of my pros and cons, really rude

9 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Yeah, trying to figure out where this idea came from too hahaha.  It's an adults only ship, not an "adults only" ship.  As in... an option for people who want to enjoy their tropical vacay without kids running around and screaming everywhere.

so actually it's got some basis in truth. there were definitely 50s/60s aged people in a swingers group on our cruises. our kbbq pals on cruise 2 dished on it. apparently bimini got weird after we left.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:06 PM, dgoz said:

I saw a review of it on Emma Cruises and there are no drawers in the staterooms. No drawers! It seems edgier than other cruise lines. For example their ice cream parlor is named: "Lick me till...Ice Cream."

I sailed in December, I can reassure you, there are drawers. There are drawers, and shelves, in the closet along with a safe big enough for a laptop, and there are drawers under the bed. There was plenty of room for empty suitcases as well as hanging and stuff in drawers.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, NC State said:

I heard the cabins are more like a college dorm. Plus...."it's a swingers cruise"....I didn't say that but that's what I had a friend to tell me that sailed this fall. Jump over to VC page and read up on some of the nightly sessions they have. 🤣

I'm not sure what your friend considers a "swingers cruise." When I was on board there were no random sex acts happening in public and what sailors do in their own cabins is none of my business. Saw lots of adorable couples holding hands or the occasional kiss on the cheek, and people dancing. Nor did I see, or overhear, anyone soliciting others to join them in the boudoir.

There are no children on board, which is such a pleasure. 

• Like 2

The amount of karening in this thread is now overwhelming, especially from some folks who haven't even stepped foot on the ship.

It's not a swinger's ship.  Calm down.  It's adults having an adult time.  I fully support that.

Rooms are minimal, but stylish.  Yes, drawers.  Great water pressure.  Good bathroom products.  Huge balconies in comparison to other lines.  And an incredibly comfy, soft red hammock.

• Like 4

On 1/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, sakigemcam said:

I love an edgy experience but omg the VV marketing EXHAUSTS me. I feel like they're trying so hard to be different. Good for those who enjoy it, I just can't w the marketing.

It would be nice to experience their dining concept, though.

My guess is they're trying to break through the clutter of cruise lines. They were supposed to launch in 2020, that obviously didn't happen.

7 minutes ago, benjaminnicholas said:

The amount of karening in this thread is now overwhelming, especially from some folks who haven't even stepped foot on the ship.

It's not a swinger's ship.  Calm down.  It's adults having an adult time.  I fully support that.

Rooms are minimal, but stylish.  Yes, drawers.  Great water pressure.  Good bathroom products.  Huge balconies in comparison to other lines.  And an incredibly comfy, soft red hammock.

I liken it to, kids  not being around means adults can behave like children without being concerned about not setting a good example. Adults can be really silly and do some things they tell kids not to do.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, dgoz said:

I saw a review of it on Emma Cruises and there are no drawers in the staterooms. No drawers! It seems edgier than other cruise lines. For example their ice cream parlor is named: "Lick me till...Ice Cream."

If she opened the closet she would have seen the drawers lol also storage bins under bed like NCL solo cabins

Edited by RNPJN
spelling
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, Team Stag said:

Here are some photos of when it was parked near us at Costa Maya. I was really excited to try this line (possibly even as my next cruise) until we ran into a travel agent (who was on the virgin ship) and shared some of her opinions of it. It gave me some hesitation in my rush to book. 

but it is a gorgeous and interesting looking vessel. It looked like a silver bullet or floating Hindenburg coming into dock.  I watched it for 30 mins from an upper deck.  

09801EA1-03D4-44F0-B23E-D3B96CA6CBC9.jpeg

E37D5A7E-D27A-4F04-9AA9-A3DD8F446A02.jpeg

We decide for ourselveNot a fan of travel agents always seem to have an agenda   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RNPJN said:

We decide for ourselves, I am not a fan of travel agents. They always seem to have an agenda .   If I followed their advice  I wouldn't have gone on 25 great cruises with NCL.

Edited by RNPJN

On 1/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, ECCruise said:

7 day cruises?  Not.

Caribbean cruises?  Not.

Current pricing?  Not.

Sticking with the other lines, even though the edginess of VV is appealing. 

7 day cruises?  Not. but 6 and 8 day

Caribbean cruises?  yes

Current pricing?  suites  for the price of most aft balaconys on ncl  

• Like 1