Excursions ?

ck1234

Hi, we are on the NCL Wind in late Aug....We hit Ketchikan, Juneau & Skagway...While Ketchikan & Juneau are only 6 hrs in port & Skagway is 13 hrs. I wanted to take my son in Juneau for the Mendenhall Glacier Float which looks like it'll be about $250 for us. I don't think we'll do an excursion in Ketchikan...and Skagway, I thought about the White Pass rail thingy, but also comes out to about $250 for us. That's way more than I thought about spending on excursions....

What are your thoughts? It really will be much appreciated what others think....we are on a budget! Thanks for your time!

If I had to choose, I would do the train in Skagway. In Juneau you can take the bus to Mendenhall Glacier and walk around there. The bus was only $10 round trip. Also many people will say that the float isn't worth the price. I never did the float but did the train and loved it.

You can always rent a car in Skagway and drive to Emerald Lake using Yukon's guide:http://www.explorenorth.com/library/roads/sklondike-photos1.html Check out the 4 page Skagway car rental thread on this board for how to rent a car for aournd $50: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=237726The train looks great, but we are on a budget too for this trip.

Archived