Pre-cruise purchases for stateroom F/B question

Brkintx

I had purchased (pre-cruse) bottled water delivered to the stateroom.

The reservation was moved to another sailing two weeks later, and before engaging that change, I went in and canceled that order from the store.

In the past I have received an email confirmation of the canceled order within a couple hours, then the CC refund comes about a week or so later.

In this case, I paid with a carnival gift card. No confirmation yet, no idea what happens to the gift card funds used for the order. I may still have the plastic card somewhere, not sure yet.

Does anyone know how the refund will occur?  Or how to confirm the cancellation (other than not seeing the order on the reservation anymore)? (Wish I'd taken a screen shot of the cancel confirmation page, but it's too late for that.)

ETA - the new booking that the store order was made for is a new booking number (so the old one was officially canceled in their system). Not sure if that matters.

Edited by Brkintx

We had a cruise cancelled back when Covid first started. We had preordered beverages for the room, and excursions pre-paid with gift cards. We paid everthing with gift cards. We rebooked a lower priced cruise and got gift card refund for cruise within a couple months. We got gift card refund for excursions within 4 to 6 months. We got gift card refund for preordered beverages within 4 to 6 months. This was when Covid first started and everthing was a mess and took forever. There were 3 different refund cards, I think they come from different departments at Carnival. I don't think we got any kind of notification about the refunds, they just showed up in the mail.

Just now, Johnc3211 said:

We had a cruise cancelled back when Covid first started. We had preordered beverages for the room, and excursions pre-paid with gift cards. We paid everthing with gift cards. We rebooked a lower priced cruise and got gift card refund for cruise within a couple months. We got gift card refund for excursions within 4 to 6 months. We got gift card refund for preordered beverages within 4 to 6 months. This was when Covid first started and everthing was a mess and took forever. There were 3 different refund cards, I think they come from different departments at Carnival. I don't think we got any kind of notification about the refunds, they just showed up in the mail.

The amount isn't significant in my case - under $20, but if they mail it (even if it takes some time) that would be fine... But knowing the HOW part helps...  (and tells me to go and re-order them for the new sailing.) Thank you!