Those with RRCL Visa Rewards Experience?

treehugr

Haven't posted since our last Covid Cruise cancellation, but my wife and I are having exploratory conversations about eventually returning to cruising. We just noticed we're going to start hemorrhaging RCCL Visa points starting next month, and I'm hopeful someone here can provide me with the answer (maybe a link too?) we can't get from RCCL. To prevent the loss of points and buy more time, we're thinking about redeeming points for a $500 off voucher off a booking. In looking at the rules, it appears the voucher expires after 6 months from redemption of points if no cruise booking has been assigned to it. My question...Can I use the voucher for a booking made within that 6 month specified by the rules, that may not sail for another 6-12 months after? FYI...I'll be posting on the Celebrity boards as well, being that we frequent both lines and the vouchers are for both. Thank you in advance for your help. 

1 hour ago, treehugr said:

Haven't posted since our last Covid Cruise cancellation, but my wife and I are having exploratory conversations about eventually returning to cruising. We just noticed we're going to start hemorrhaging RCCL Visa points starting next month, and I'm hopeful someone here can provide me with the answer (maybe a link too?) we can't get from RCCL. To prevent the loss of points and buy more time, we're thinking about redeeming points for a $500 off voucher off a booking. In looking at the rules, it appears the voucher expires after 6 months from redemption of points if no cruise booking has been assigned to it. My question...Can I use the voucher for a booking made within that 6 month specified by the rules, that may not sail for another 6-12 months after? FYI...I'll be posting on the Celebrity boards as well, being that we frequent both lines and the vouchers are for both. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Not sure the answer to your question, but I was able to get them to extend the expiration date of my points due to the stoppage in cruising for so long.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, shelpt said:

Not sure the answer to your question, but I was able to get them to extend the expiration date of my points due to the stoppage in cruising for so long.  

We’re in the same situation, accumulated lots of points and now are hoping to get them extended. Did you just call the 800 number with success or did you contact a number in particular? Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, hun said:

We’re in the same situation, accumulated lots of points and now are hoping to get them extended. Did you just call the 800 number with success or did you contact a number in particular? Thanks! 

I called the Rewards dept at 1-888-305-4626

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1