Bagage Drop off Fort Lauderdale Port

ThomasZ

Hi, 

first of all please stay healthy!  
We are hopefully about to embark on Edge on Sunday. We flew to friends in Orlando yesterday from Germany and will drive to the port with our rental car on Sunday morning.  
Can we simply drive by the cruise terminal stop shortly and drop our bags off? So they can proceed the luggage already while we are getting rid of the rental car at the airport and travel only with the hand luggage back to the cruise terminal? 

When going on a cruise in Germany it is usually possible and makes it a lot easier as you can park the car and come back without the big luggage. 

many thanks for your answers in advance!

Thomas

You can certainly do this, but it wouldn't be my approach if I could manage all of my luggage and if I was using one of the major rental car agencies that have the car rental return at the airport.  FLL is one of a few airports that have rental car return/pick-up in the parking garage at the airport.  I would just return the rental car and walk back to the taxi or Uber area and then get a taxi or Uber back to the port.  It would be a shorter walk than going from baggage claim to the rental car pick-up.  If the rental car return was not on airport property, I might think differently. 

Greetings

Just drive into the port using the Eller Drive entrance and proceed to Terminal 25.  You will probably have to show cruise documents at the port gate.  The bag drop off is just past the terminal building.  You will see the porters there.  You will then proceed out of the port and onto the airport.  The airport is not far.  Just look for the signs.

Good Sailing

Tom

Edited by tunaman2011

Depending on which rental car company you use there may be a closer place to drop off your rental car. For example Budget has an office very near the cruise port. You drop your car off there and they have a shuttle to take you to your ship. I believe a couple of other rental car companies do the same.

May not be an option for you this time if you have a different reservation but something to consider.

Edited by RBKL