CPAP on Carnival Freedom

craig01020

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I will be bringing my CPAP and an extension cord for my first-ever Carnival cruise on the Freedom. I have a standard balcony cabin and was just wondering, how long does the extension cord need to be to go from bed to desk?

Thanks!

A six foot cord is plenty. If you want your choice of sides of bed to sleep on take two. 

You can move the little table to beside of your bed to put the CPAP on, or put it on the floor. It may fall off of the little nightstand. 

The setup we use is we run the cord to the closet side if the bed for outlet access, then plug in another cord and run it under the bed to the other side for more outlet access.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use an 8 foot cord with higher gage wire and a three outlet receiver on the female end, the multi plug end helps with charging more devices during the day. If worried about tripping us some duct tape to secure to the floor.

Also look under the bed those lamps need to plug in somewhere and I have been able to do so in some cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

I just booked a balcony stateroom on the Freedom for a September cruise. It's been years since I cruised with Carnival. Who do I contact to request distilled water?

Thanks!!

Generally you can use the water available from the tap for the length of a cruise with no issues, but if you want distilled you can call room service. You can bring on your own distilled water if you want, just make sure it's carried on with the cpap.

Just now, mz-s said:

Generally you can use the water available from the tap for the length of a cruise with no issues, but if you want distilled you can call room service. You can bring on your own distilled water if you want, just make sure it's carried on with the cpap.

Thanks - I know some of the cruise lines are really strict about carrying on bottles of water.

1 minute ago, OhJinkies said:

Thanks - I know some of the cruise lines are really strict about carrying on bottles of water.

Carnival doesn't allow you to bring on water, but if you are carrying distilled water on with your CPAP it's allowed no problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My last cruise was my first with a CPAP. I didn't even think of taking an extension cord so I had it strung across the room to reach, which we had to remember in the dark. On my second day, apparently my room steward noticed that I had the unit and he added an extension cord while he was cleaning the room. He even taped it on the floor across that main pathway so we didn't trip. His tip increased after that level of care. 🙂