Military Discount

vivalas

I thought I had seen some time ago that there was a link to Carnival's definition for their military discount program offered. The discount seems to change its definition regularly. Does someone have the current link to the definition? Also, I saw someone say where you can go to check rates for that, and see which ships and dates are included, and what your discount would be. We are planning a cruise for Jan. 2007, will the program still be around?

We just booked the Victory for 10-21 and we received the Military disc. Just need to make a reservation. Within 48 hrs. Fax a copy of discharge papers. (blacken out SS #) and a copy of passport or Driver License to them. I called back a few days later to make sure they received the fax and it was confirmed. We saved a sizable chunk of money. This was 2nd time we took advantage of DH serving in Navy. Also check on internet web sites TA's under Military rates. CC has ads for some of the internet Agents. Just click on a few of them and look for info. Or call Carnival or your TA and have then check for you. My TA was unaware of rate. I heard about it from Carnival and told her.

I thought I had seen some time ago that there was a link to Carnival's definition for their military discount program offered. The discount seems to change its definition regularly. Does someone have the current link to the definition? Also, I saw someone say where you can go to check rates for that, and see which ships and dates are included, and what your discount would be. We are planning a cruise for Jan. 2007, will the program still be around?

We also bookied for 1-19-07 on Legend we got Cat 8C for $829.00 was suppossed to be $1089.00. (I was in Marine Corps) so yes it does exist just let your PVP know when you call.

We also bookied for 1-19-07 on Legend we got Cat 8C for $829.00 was suppossed to be $1089.00. (I was in Marine Corps) so yes it does exist just let your PVP know when you call.

Were you recently in the Marines? My friend was over 20 years ago for one term. Does any service qualify?

Carival direct or an agency can book a military rate... the agency has to specifically ask for it though and some agencies are not familiar with the program. When you find a good agency though, they are usually cheaper than Carnival direct because they will discount. The military discount is for active or retired military... as long as it is honorable discharge. You do need to send copy of discharge papers to qualify. Military rates are not offered on every sailing, but when they are it is usally a great savings!

The Carnival Military discounts apply BEYOND retired or active. ANY prior active service that resulted in an honorable discharge on DD Form 214 will provide the largest possible discount available (other than some given direct to individual travel agents for their own use, and or ship employees).

There is no need to deal with a travel agent...as others suggest, call Carnival direct, and request your own Personal Vacation Planner. Let me recommend my good one: Gus Bello, Planner # 85883.

Heirloom

The Carnival Military discounts apply BEYOND retired or active. ANY prior active service that resulted in an honorable discharge on DD Form 214 will provide the largest possible discount available (other than some given direct to individual travel agents for their own use, and or ship employees).

There is no need to deal with a travel agent...as others suggest, call Carnival direct, and request your own Personal Vacation Planner. Let me recommend my good one: Gus Bello, Planner # 85883.

Heirloom

Not sure if they have a unwritten role but I just got an updated Guest Confirmation and it states this.

REMINDER: Military rates are available for the following personnel:

a) Active Personnel of the US Military, Reserves, Coast Guard, National Guard and uniformed members of teh USPHS....boot ONE cabin....

b) Retired Personnel may book ONE cabin....

c) Spouse of deceased personnel (active/retired) ... ONE cabin.

NOTE: Dishonorably discharged personnel are not eligible for this promotion.

MY PVP said you only needed two years or more service. I'm not going to argue and neither should anyone else. Best guess is that they expanded the policy and haven't re-written it yet.

also.. you can get the discount if you served less than 2 years in a foreign theatre of war. i.e. 1 year in Vietnam, Korea, 6 months in either Desert storm.. you still get the discount as long as you got an honorable discharge.

i.e. the President would not ;)

In order to get it there has to be at least one person in the room that is active, re-tired, or honorable discharged. Spouse and family members can not get the discount if the person that is in is not coming with them. If they are traveling with you then everyone in the same cabin gets the discounted rate.I hope I worded that right and don't confuse you.

In order to get it there has to be at least one person in the room that is active, re-tired, or honorable discharged. Spouse and family members can not get the discount if the person that is in is not coming with them. If they are traveling with you then everyone in the same cabin gets the discounted rate.I hope I worded that right and don't confuse you.

Almost, only the first two get a discount as everyone after that is already discounted. My wife and I got it, but the kids were already below that price and no more discount was allowed.

My DH served 5 years active Army and was discharged in 2004. We recently booked an Oct. cruise and got the military discount. On a 7-night Caribbean cruise in a balcony room, it's saving us about $400. All we had to do was fax his DD214.

Almost, only the first two get a discount as everyone after that is already discounted. My wife and I got it, but the kids were already below that price and no more discount was allowed.

True I didn't think about that since it is only me and him going this time. Next time it will be with the kids. I wanted to get 2 rooms since there is 5 of us I was dissapointed when I found out that the second room would be full price. SO I guess we will all be in one room when everyone goes.

Archived