main dining room

Mimidoll

I think that would depend entirely upon what you were wearing at the time of boarding. If you plan it so that you wear country club casual or better to the ship, I don't know why you would have to change.

For instance, if you are flying in first class, you probably won't be in cut offs and tee shirt which would be a no no for first night dining in the dining room on any ship.

on my last cruise on the Victory, we were allowed to wear the same clothes we boarded in (travel clothes) the first night in the main dining room. Was that just a one time thing or is that permissable still.

You have seen the posts above and I agree. We've worn whatever matched the sail-away temperature. Most of our 12 cruises have been from Galveston or Florida and we've traveled, boarded and dined in shorts. Now, they are khakis, and we look resort casual at the least.

For the past three cruises aboard the Rhapsody, Elation and Splendour the dress in the dining room on all nights ranged from the above attire to sport coats. We do dress nice on formal nights so I don't need the fashion police...

I have posted before about dress, and we need to accept that society in America dresses more casual in public places, malls, theatres, churches and at the very least while on vacation. I am not selling the idea, just stating facts. People aren't going to change their dress preferences after 24 hours of salt air in their lungs...

One visit to the photo gallery the day after the first formal night will show you the trends in attire, and those are the ones that wanted a photo.

I usually head for a pair of golf shorts and a polo after dinner and then watch the shows, walk around on deck with my wife and head to whatever other entertainment is happening.

Long winded response, but we cruise in 9 days, and I don't care if someone comes in feathers and a tutu, I am on vacation!

Drink Upstream From The Herd,

Lee in Houston

Archived