Price just dropped!

zanydoc

6 hours ago, moonltnite said:

We're both on the 3/6 sailing.  I'm curious to see how many cabins open up after the 30 day deadline for final payments.  I also wonder if they are limiting the number of passengers by having some cabins blocked out. 

I really hope our ship isn’t crowded. I’m not big on crowds plus I have balance issues and afraid someone might knock me over.

I was supposed to be on the 1/29 Symphony with their 3400 guests but I changed to the Oasis.

Hope to see you on the ship, I’m sailing solo.

• Like 1

Unbelievably, I checked again today and it has dropped another $350! I’m shocked and pleasantly surprised. I have already called my TA and she has made the adjustment. Good luck to all! 

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I really hope our ship isn’t crowded. I’m not big on crowds plus I have balance issues and afraid someone might knock me over.

I was supposed to be on the 1/29 Symphony with their 3400 guests but I changed to the Oasis.

Hope to see you on the ship, I’m sailing solo.

It might be a bit crowded as this is prime spring break season, but Florida schools are out March 12 which is when our cruise is. Crowds especially a lot of children make my balance challenged Mom very nervous as well. Do you have a “rollator” or walker that you bring with you? 

Edited by zanydoc

On 1/31/2022 at 12:10 PM, gracia98 said:

Question,  can you get a price adjustment if they don’t have any more of your cabin type available? We have a Junior Suite and sometimes there is just 1 available, other times 0.  

Also, the price our TA is lower than what I see when I do a dummy booking. Perhaps it’s giving us a diamond discount?  I might need to ask her.

To your first question, I think the answer is no. Unless you went to a suite guarantee, which Is a different category. 

Checked the pricing on WOTS for Dec, and it is insane! We are in a GS, originally booked on HOTS and moved to WOTS when the ships moved ports. Got a great price on the GS because of that. The CLS and OS just jumped from $8k to $12k for both cabins. 😳

Glad for those who had price drops today. 😁

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 7:02 PM, pepcab said:

I am soooooo glad I read this thread, checked our July 10 Voyager of the Seas Baltic cruise and saved $1400 CAN !!!! Thanks for the tip 🙂

Congrats, and you are very welcome! AND my cruise just price dropped again! Another $350!  I have just made my final payment 3 days ago, so I contacted my TA.  I thought I would just get OBC for the difference, but she was able to get me a refund for the amount that Royal says will post back to my original form of payment within 10 days (I won’t hold my breath on that time frame! 😂

On 1/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, moonltnite said:

I haven't found a quick way - but it only takes a few minutes when I do this.  I basically search for our cruise - then start a mock booking for the same cabin type (in my case, OV Large Balcony).  I get to the point where you add the names - and then check the left panel for the price. There were times there weren't any Large Balcony cabins.  In those cases, I estimated based on what was shown for a regular OV Balcony.  When I found a price drop - I called RC and requested a re-pricing.  There used to be a site called Cruise fish that would check your cabin category and sailing for price drops (last used that I think in 2017?) - but it no longer exists.   

I sure miss Cruise Fish!

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 9:03 AM, AlohaLivin said:

👏🏻  If you have any hints about quick ways to check prices, do let us know. I have never found a site nor short-cut to help me with this task (with 3-4 cruises booked at a time, a short-cut would make it doable!).

I usually check Vacations to Go and if less than I paid then I do a mock booking. 

11 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I usually check Vacations to Go and if less than I paid then I do a mock booking. 

Thank you 😊 I Probably should’ve made more clear that I was being a little facetious! While I have some long routes to do it, I was just hoping for some miracle shortcut!!! 🙌🏼 It could happen. 😹

Where in AL?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlohaLivin said:

Thank you 😊 I Probably should’ve made more clear that I was being a little facetious! While I have some long routes to do it, I was just hoping for some miracle shortcut!!! 🙌🏼 It could happen. 😹

Where in AL?

Bummer! I was hoping you would share a secret. 😉 AL is a suburb of FL.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:10 PM, gracia98 said:

Question,  can you get a price adjustment if they don’t have any more of your cabin type available? We have a Junior Suite and sometimes there is just 1 available, other times 0.  

Also, the price our TA is lower than what I see when I do a dummy booking. Perhaps it’s giving us a diamond discount?  I might need to ask her.

I have the same question.  When I go to check the current cruise price there are no more staterooms like mine that I can do a mock booking.  I'm assuming I would have to call RC to check for price difference each time.  

On 2/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, zanydoc said:

Congrats, and you are very welcome! AND my cruise just price dropped again! Another $350!  I have just made my final payment 3 days ago, so I contacted my TA.  I thought I would just get OBC for the difference, but she was able to get me a refund for the amount that Royal says will post back to my original form of payment within 10 days (I won’t hold my breath on that time frame! 😂

I wanted to follow up on this...RC did actually refund me the difference yesterday, so it was within 10 days. 

On 1/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, zanydoc said:

I just got a price drop on my Odyssey March 12th cruise...$500 less plus additional $50 OBC!  Many thanks to all the CC peeps who have touted checking prices on a regular basis-it finally paid off. For a while the prices just kept going up higher and higher on this cruise, but today they finally dropped, so I emailed my TA and she made the adjustment.  Yippee! 😁 

If these ridiculous protocols don't get any better, I think you may see some additional price drops 🙂