Got off of Freedom on Monday and it was great! Wouldn't hesitate to sail again with RCCL! Mini Recap

TxStacey

We did a very short 3 day on the Freedom and it was great.  I felt very safe and never worried that I would be exposed.  Most if not all crew were double masked and I honestly didn't see any passengers that weren't following the rules.  Here are some bullet points but feel free to ask questions.

*Our check in time was 12:30 but we got to the port around 11:00 and were on the ship by 11:15. 

*The windjammer was very quiet and not crowded at all.  All food and drinks are served by staff.

*We ate at Chops for dinner the first night (2 night dining pkg), Giovanni's the second night and the Main Dining room the third night.  Giovanni's was far and away the best dinner we had on the cruise.  Chops was ok and the Main dining room was average at best.  This is subjective so my opinion may not be the same as yours.  The servers in the Main dinding room seemed under staffed and stressed.  The level of service was just not the same.

*Food at Coco Cay was good.  I had the tacos which were excellent!

This was my first time to Coco Cay in several years and I really enjoyed my day there.  We got chairs at the Lagoon Beach area which was quiet and very relaxing.  We did get off of the ship at 9:00 which was a smart idea as the Allure was in port with us.  It did get more crowded once they got off, but nothing like it would be if both ships were at full capacity.

*We booked Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau with lunch which was fine.  The boat ride to the island is about 20 minutes and the weather was great..in the high 70's.  

We don;t usually book tours through the ship, but we decided to do it this time as the Bahamas are very strict with Covid and we didn't want to have any issues.  We did have to wear our mask on the boat to the island and also if we were walking around.  We also had to have our vaccine cards with us.

*  Entertainment..we only went to the Welcome Aboard Show the first night which was good.  We did not go the ice show or production shows as we opted to watch playoff football in Playmakers.  We really enjoyed our time in Playmakers and the bartenders were great.

Overall, this was a great way to break back into cruising.  Our group of 6 adults all said that we wouldn't hesitate to sail again.  In fact, we have a Greek Isles cruise on the Odyssey booked for June..not sure we will make that one though if we have to test to come back to the US..too risky at this point, but my fingers are crossed!

Let me know if you have any questions.  If you are on the fence about going on a cruise right now..I say GO! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, TxStacey said:

We did a very short 3 day on the Freedom and it was great.  I felt very safe and never worried that I would be exposed.  Most if not all crew were double masked and I honestly didn't see any passengers that weren't following the rules.  Here are some bullet points but feel free to ask questions.

*Our check in time was 12:30 but we got to the port around 11:00 and were on the ship by 11:15. 

*The windjammer was very quiet and not crowded at all.  All food and drinks are served by staff.

*We ate at Chops for dinner the first night (2 night dining pkg), Giovanni's the second night and the Main Dining room the third night.  Giovanni's was far and away the best dinner we had on the cruise.  Chops was ok and the Main dining room was average at best.  This is subjective so my opinion may not be the same as yours.  The servers in the Main dinding room seemed under staffed and stressed.  The level of service was just not the same.

*Food at Coco Cay was good.  I had the tacos which were excellent!

This was my first time to Coco Cay in several years and I really enjoyed my day there.  We got chairs at the Lagoon Beach area which was quiet and very relaxing.  We did get off of the ship at 9:00 which was a smart idea as the Allure was in port with us.  It did get more crowded once they got off, but nothing like it would be if both ships were at full capacity.

*We booked Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau with lunch which was fine.  The boat ride to the island is about 20 minutes and the weather was great..in the high 70's.  

We don;t usually book tours through the ship, but we decided to do it this time as the Bahamas are very strict with Covid and we didn't want to have any issues.  We did have to wear our mask on the boat to the island and also if we were walking around.  We also had to have our vaccine cards with us.

*  Entertainment..we only went to the Welcome Aboard Show the first night which was good.  We did not go the ice show or production shows as we opted to watch playoff football in Playmakers.  We really enjoyed our time in Playmakers and the bartenders were great.

Overall, this was a great way to break back into cruising.  Our group of 6 adults all said that we wouldn't hesitate to sail again.  In fact, we have a Greek Isles cruise on the Odyssey booked for June..not sure we will make that one though if we have to test to come back to the US..too risky at this point, but my fingers are crossed!

Let me know if you have any questions.  If you are on the fence about going on a cruise right now..I say GO! 

How's the cabin AC?