Booking with X

BTDookie

When looking around the X website, pricing cruises, etc is it possible to see all available staterooms? Seems like if you hit the "book" button for a specific class of room, only a few are shown..... curious. Seems like I've seen several people out here give daily countdowns about which rooms are available, how full a cruise is, etc. Are these TA's or just normal folk....

One way to see all the available rooms is to go to the Travelocity web site. There if you start a reservation (you don't have to give names or credit card info to do this) you can scroll through all the room types and see which ones are available on every deck of any cruise.

I guess I never gave much thought to that, hmmmmm

Wonder if they'd give you more options if you called them directly.

Like are they trying to offload the more undesirables or something?

Now you've got me dreaming up conspiracies!!!!

Like are they trying to offload the more undesirables or something?

Now you've got me dreaming up conspiracies!!!!

Absolutely not! It's at first the most desireable ones they put on, like the aft balcony cabins. When those cabins are gone (and they are gone very quickly) then the highest deck in category is listed, then midship, usually.

Just print out a deck plan of the floor you're interested in and put the number of each cabin not showing in the box for "are you looking for a specific cabin?" Once in a while you will find one you want.

I played around some with this last night.

The X site would list 3 stateroom options per category (if available). The Travelocity site tended to list 6 staterooms per category (if available). Seems like they do not have access to the same room inventory though as I never saw the same stateroom on both pages (X and T).

And yes X seems to be placing the best rooms on the list, not the worst because the farther you go out in time, the more of a selection you have.

What I have learned is that the choice staterooms on many of the late '06 and early '07 sailings are taken :(

Archived