5 in a cabin

teachc5

there are the family suites as many have said but when I was pricing cruises for my family of five I found it cheaper for two ajoining rooms vs. the family suites. About $1000 less. I like it becasue if one needs a little privacy there are two room, two bathrooms, two showers :)

The family Ocean View can be booked if you have 5 people. But like the poster said, we have looked into this and found it is less money to get 2 cabins. The prices are so close with getting 2 adjoining OV to getting one balcony(adults) and one cabin across the way, inside (kids). The savings on the inside over the OV gives you enough to upgrade to the balcony. I would take 2 insides over one family suite where I was in the same room as the kids and we all share one bathroom.

there are the family suites as many have said but when I was pricing cruises for my family of five I found it cheaper for two ajoining rooms vs. the family suites. About $1000 less. I like it becasue if one needs a little privacy there are two room, two bathrooms, two showers :)
The Royal Family Suite on the Enchantment had 2 separate bedrooms and 2 full baths, as well as a common living room area. It was just as much privacy as when we have sailed with 2 separate cabins, but with extra suite perks, such as the concierge lounge.

We are on the Enchantment in 9 days. They have a family suite that sleeps 6 - we are a family of 5
The cabin we had on the Enchantment (8666) actually slept up to 8.

I am cruising with my family on April 10th, enchantment, family suite room 8012

Has anyone stayed in it yet,?

Can't wait, sleeps 8 supposedly, but ran a cheaper rate because it does not have a balcony (due to location) the only one on the ship

From the brochure - Explorer Royal Family Suite has two bedrooms two full bathrooms a comon area and a 200 SQ ft Balcony! It will sleep up to 8 people. the minum is five people. We have five and it ran about $8000.00 total.

Our family of 5 stayed in the Family Inside Sateroom on the Enchantment. It was a very nice stateroom and was large enough but we did not like an inside room and one bathroom was a nightmare (with three daughters!). I would book two adjoining rooms or a larger suite with 2 bathrooms in the future. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone who has stayed in the Inside Family Stateroom (#8015) on the Enchantment either has pictures or can describe the layout. I have it for NYE this year, but haven't been able to find much info on it yet. We are a family of 4 - H, W, S(13), D(6). We had an inside for NYE on the Sovereign last year and one bathroom was fine for us, but could have used more footage in the the room itself. Was just gonna get an inside again, but this was only $260 more than the inside when I booked, so I grabbed it. But don't know what to expect in the room.

We did not take any pics of the inside suite but I'll try to describe it. The main cabin was slightly larger than a regular cabin. The back half is the queen/king sized bed that can be curtained off for privacy. The front half is a living space with a pull out sofa (queen size), coffee table and desk/dressing area. There is also a small bunk room next to the main bed area that has 2 bunk beds and additional storage. It's pretty small but two kids could easily sleep in there. Storage in the room is ample. I have 3 daughters and we brought lots of "stuff". Our friends who went with us had a balcony cabin and ours was considerably larger in the "living area". The bathroom is a standard size however, our attendant stocked it with lotions, cotton swabs, shampoo, conditioner etc. There were also two nice bathrobes in the closet for us. (These were nice surprises since this cabin is not really classified as a suite.) Our only issue with the room was that the heat seemed to be on all of the time and we were too hot! We asked the cabin steward to fix it but it didn't help.

Archived