HELP! Vaccine Attestation for Infant

cruise_gal21

I cannot find this anywhere, please help. What do I select on the vaccine attestation for my infant child who will be cruising with us? The only options are "Yes" to fully vaccinated, "No with medical exemption", and "No, without medical exemption". Infants don't get vaccinated... 😕

4 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

My PVP advised for my three year old to say No without medical exemption.  Even though she's not old enough to receive it that's still what she told me to say.  And then I filled out Carnival's form for their exemption as soon as I hung up!!

Ok, so I filled out the exemption form and did the "No, without letter" for her. I booked this cruise just this morning. It's for April 2, 2022. So this is the first time I've seen this because it's our first cruise since COVID.

Another question, will they deny the exemption for a child who cannot be vaccinated due to age? Thanks!

Just now, cruise_gal21 said:

Ok, so I filled out the exemption form and did the "No, without letter" for her. I booked this cruise just this morning. It's for April 2, 2022. So this is the first time I've seen this because it's our first cruise since COVID.

Another question, will they deny the exemption for a child who cannot be vaccinated due to age? Thanks!

It's all based on capacity.  How many requests they get for exemptions compared to the overall number of guests on that sailing so if they deny the exemption it won't be because of their age or the fact that they can't be vaccinated.  It would be because they can only have a certain number of unvaccinated people on that sailing.  That's why they say to apply sooner rather than later.  Good luck!!!

7 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

It's all based on capacity.  How many requests they get for exemptions compared to the overall number of guests on that sailing so if they deny the exemption it won't be because of their age or the fact that they can't be vaccinated.  It would be because they can only have a certain number of unvaccinated people on that sailing.  That's why they say to apply sooner rather than later.  Good luck!!!

Oh, geez! I ended up booking two separate staterooms that are joined with connecting doors because it was cheaper than one stateroom with 4 people. My husband is on the booking with our infant daughter, and I'm on the booking with our 12 year old daughter, who is fully vaccinated as well. So now I'm stressing that if she doesn't get the exemption we'll all have to cancel, but I won't get a refund for mine and my daughter's fare.

51 minutes ago, cruise_gal21 said:

Oh, geez! I ended up booking two separate staterooms that are joined with connecting doors because it was cheaper than one stateroom with 4 people. My husband is on the booking with our infant daughter, and I'm on the booking with our 12 year old daughter, who is fully vaccinated as well. So now I'm stressing that if she doesn't get the exemption we'll all have to cancel, but I won't get a refund for mine and my daughter's fare.

Are you on the same booking number and just in different rooms, or two different booking numbers?  Are you working with a PVP?

1 hour ago, ultrafighter said:

Are you on the same booking number and just in different rooms, or two different booking numbers?  Are you working with a PVP?

I booked both rooms at the same time, and paid for them at once, but it did give me two separate booking numbers. My husband is listed as primary on one, and I'm primary on the other. But both bookings are under my account.

I do not have a PVP for this cruise. Should I call Carnival and get one?

Just came on here looking for this info. Doesn’t seem like a guarantee to be approved. How old is your little one ? I read you have to pay an extra $150 and also have the insurance and you can get off the ship unless on an excursion? I wonder if that counts for an infant. Our cruise is in May!

Since you haven’t cruised since Covid, be aware that there’s a lot of new rules in place. I was shocked at all of the new requirements. You can’t check in until 14 days before the cruise. Platinum & Diamond cruisers can do it 2 days earlier. You’ll need to do a covid test 2 days before the cruise with proof that it’s negative. Since your youngest child is unable to get vaccinated he/she won’t be able to use the kids program. And they will require extra testing too. When you book any excursions you’ll only be allowed to do Carnivals “bubble tours.” These tours are for unvaccinated guests and have little to no contact with those on the island. I hope this info helps. Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:48 PM, Tjcalley said:

Just came on here looking for this info. Doesn’t seem like a guarantee to be approved. How old is your little one ? I read you have to pay an extra $150 and also have the insurance and you can get off the ship unless on an excursion? I wonder if that counts for an infant. Our cruise is in May!

She’s only 1yo, so no testing or insurance needed for her. And yes, we’ll have to do the bubble tours.