Diamond Drinks and the Refreshment Package

Planning for an upcoming cruise we were able to grab the Refreshment Package at a great price.  Recently we were reminded that this cruise will be our first as Diamond status.  With Diamond status, I believe you have 3 drinks loaded to your Seapass.  If I order a coffee or a coke, does that automatically use one of the status drinks?  Do I need to tell them it's part of the Refreshment Package?  I would hate to have a few cokes in the and then have to pay for the evening cocktails.  Has anyone used both options?  Thank you.    

Yes, both my wife and I have done this a few times.  We get it for the speciality coffees and freshly squeezed OJ.  Most servers will charge to the package first, but we normally point it out in a pleasant way. Works well for us as my wife only has a couple of drinks at night.  For myself, I’ll buy some buckets of beer during the day to supplement.  Overall still much more economical for us in the long run over the full package.   Enjoy!

• Like 1

As a Diamond you get 4 drinks each day. We also get the refreshment package. We tend to usually drink alcohol at night so when we get non-alcoholic drinks during the day we mention to them we have the refreshment package.

We never have had any problems. We do check out our account on the app and in the tv in our room to verify.

• Like 2