Booking questions

AK Dreaming

I've always booked directly with the NCL website.   However they keep giving me an error and I tried using a travel website and the price was much less.  My question for those who have used other sites or travel agents is, once you book can you see your reservation on the NCL site?  Can you book excursions and extras as usual?  Can you bid on upgrades?  Do you get points?

Thank you in advance.  I'm really excited to get back to cruising!!

14 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I've always booked directly with the NCL website.   However they keep giving me an error and I tried using a travel website and the price was much less.  My question for those who have used other sites or travel agents is, once you book can you see your reservation on the NCL site?  Can you book excursions and extras as usual?  Can you bid on upgrades?  Do you get points?

Yes to everything...except for upgrading, which is a “maybe”. Not all 3rd party travel agencies participate in the upgrade advantage program. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:26 AM, AK Dreaming said:

On 2/6/2022 at 10:42 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

Yes to everything...except for upgrading, which is a “maybe”. Not all 3rd party travel agencies participate in the upgrade advantage program. 

When booking with a travel agent (not ncl directly) I only see my reservation on NCL's site, once the cruise is paid in full.  Then I can book my excursions and shows.

• Like 1

I have always booked with a TA in the past only to get extra OBC or perks they offered.  I then logged in to ncl.com to make all my dining, show and excursion reservations myself.  I'm a planner and would rather do these things myself than ask the TA to do it.