Red Roof Miami Airport

Otto1175

Ok, I am new here, so bear with me....

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in May on Majesty (5 year anniversary, leaving the kids home with Grandma :) ). We are flying in the night before, a tip I pick up here on CC. We are staying at the Red Roof Miami Airport since it is cheap and we are not looking for fancy, just a bed to sleep in till morning. I know from their site they offer free shuttles from the airport to the hotel, but I heard somewhere that they also offer free shuttles to the port the following morning. Does anyone know if this is fact or not. That would be a GREAT bonus to an average hotel stay. Saves me another $25 if it is true anyway. So, I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure either way. I appreciate your help...I am pretty clueless on this whole Cruise thing.

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn when we cruised in January.

We took the shuttle to the hotel from the airport with no troubles. They say that there is a shuttle to the port, but we didnt take it, we took 2 taxies. I believe that the shuttle to the port only runs once for the day, and it was nice to get to the port early. The traffic at the port was horrible, so it was easier with the taxi than a shuttle to get around the big "port" trucks.

We would stay there if it was only for a night again. We did have a rough time when we went to our room only to find that they were still rentovating it and it did not have furniture in it!!!! I am sure they are done with that now! Rooms were very clean and efficent for a one night stay.

Archived