Upgrade call question

LatinaInTexas

Saw I had a missed call and a message was left from Carnival for me to call back about an exciting upgrade offer lol. When an upgrade is offered by phone is it for a guaranteed cabin tbd or are you told what specific cabin it is for?

My current cabin is an inside right where I want to be. I love inside cabins so the only other cabin I would be interested in is a spa cabin. 

I wish an offer had shown up in my planner like others have said happened to them. I don't like talking to salesmen.

I've gotten called several times and got a cabin number.  If you call back and have a test booking up, you can see what cabins are open in the class you're looking for.

In my experience it really much of a sales job - it is a take it or leave it offer of this much $$$ will move you to this cabin.  If you turn it down, they keep working their list.  If you take it, there are good odds the cabin you left may be offered to someone else as an upsale down the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prior to Covid, we were offered an upsell to a suite by an e-mail.  It had the cabin number on it.  My brother and sister in law were going with us.  They got the same offer with the same cabin number.  Neither one of us took it but it would be interesting to see what would have happened if we both said yes.