Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2022

barbpretz

14 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Looking into getting these...how easy are they to remove from wall?  Read online due to strong hold it can be hard to remove them...what is your experience with them..thank you

They aren't too hard to get off the wall or ceiling, but there are dang near impossible to get them apart if you get them stuck together.   

5 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

They aren't too hard to get off the wall or ceiling, but there are dang near impossible to get them apart if you get them stuck together.   

how do you store them while traveling..my current ones that are WEAK I just toss in a ziploc bag.  Do you check them in your checked bags or carryon...not sure due to the magnet which is the right way?

thank you for your quick response

10 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

how do you store them while traveling..my current ones that are WEAK I just toss in a ziploc bag.  Do you check them in your checked bags or carryon...not sure due to the magnet which is the right way?

I toss my rare earth magnets in a ziploc bag too.  They mostly stick to the hooks, and you can kind of break them apart without too much effort. 

Another tip, put the magnet on the overhead.  They will hold more weight that way.  On the bulkhead, they will slide down with too much weight.

• Like 1

Just now, DCThunder said:

I toss my rare earth magnets in a ziploc bag too.  They mostly stick to the hooks, and you can kind of break them apart without too much effort. I just put them in the checked luggage.  No issues.

Another tip, put the magnet on the overhead.  They will hold more weight that way.  On the bulkhead, they will slide down with too much weight.

1 minute ago, DCThunder said:

Sadly I am too short to hang from the ceiling...was thinking of using them for our thicker rain jackets and backpack on cold cruises 

33 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Kind of found this technique/method of storing them.   I have an old eyeglass case that has a magnetic closure.   The magnets stick to it, and it works great.

42E96E53-AF38-4548-AA96-09BB3D0941F4.jpeg

BA6DA8EC-F9ED-48A1-80F9-F29F5DD0CB13.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Kind of found this technique/method of storing them.   I have an old eyeglass case that has a magnetic closure.   The magnets stick to it, and it works great.

That's fantastic we have tons of those of well.

Do you check it when you fly...never used these strong of ones before not sure what protocol is? 

5 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

That's fantastic we have tons of those of well.

Do you check it when you fly...never used these strong of ones before not sure what protocol is? 

I have 12 of them......and I check them on the plane.    Never had an issue in the 12 flights I've had in the past 2 years.   I use them for everything.    I hang the shoe holder with all our bathroom, meds, misc. stuff on the ceiling using 4, another gets hung on the door with our lanyards (then we drape them over the door handle so we don't forget them.   1 holds a backpack, another holds my purse, and we use one for a beach bag and my husbands hat.  A couple get used for hanging itineraries, etc. and what ever is left get used to keep electrical cords/wires out of the way.   Sometimes I even use them to put the curtain tight up against the wall so no light pops thru the window when we are napping.   I love the things 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sadly I am too short to hang from the ceiling...was thinking of using them for our thicker rain jackets and backpack on cold cruises 

Maybe you can ask your steward to put them on the ceiling for you.

35 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Maybe you can ask your steward to put them on the ceiling for you.

thanks but i would still be short to be able to reach up to get stuff on and off them on my own and dont want to have to depend on steward or DH to get my stuff and get ready.  

• 1 month later...