Which shore excursions are the best for the Mexican Riveria?

pool girl

An article found on Cruise Critic. Hope this helps :)

http://cruisecritic.com/ports/article.cfm?ID=106

hi netnurse32: Thank-you that did help. I have heard the cliff divers were exciting. My husband cannot move around very well so I don't think he wants to go on too many excursions. I just don't want him to miss anything really spectacular because I not sure he will be traveling to much more in the future. Thanks again

which ships and ports are you going on ?????

happy cruising

We will be going on the star and unless the iteneray changes we should be going to acapolco, Xtipia, PV, Cabo San Lucas. We are going 4/18/06 after the dry dock so I think(hope) the ships azipod problem should be fixed.

We will be going on the star and unless the iteneray changes we should be going to acapolco, Xtipia, PV, Cabo San Lucas. We are going 4/18/06 after the dry dock so I think(hope) the ships azipod problem should be fixed.

you will love the star, we were on her 1/28,, we had the changed itenerary but it was fine..

in cabo, we took a water taxi to the beach, rode some wave runners. and shopped, and theres a place there in the marina area to hold baby lions , it was cool

in PV we did the tropical jungle tour, it was a hike .,.with waterfalls and stuff, it was worth 50 per person, it included a meal and a drink,

and a stop into town for some shopping

it was nice,,

heres my pics if you want to see

http://community.webshots.com/user/melika091900

have fun,, the ship should be ok, we never had any problems

it was the smoothest cruise weve been on ,, we saw dolphins, whales and sharks from our balcony it was pretty cool...

take care

you will love the star, we were on her 1/28,, we had the changed itenerary but it was fine..

in cabo, we took a water taxi to the beach, rode some wave runners. and shopped, and theres a place there in the marina area to hold baby lions , it was cool

in PV we did the tropical jungle tour, it was a hike .,.with waterfalls and stuff, it was worth 50 per person, it included a meal and a drink,

and a stop into town for some shopping

it was nice,,

heres my pics if you want to see

http://community.webshots.com/user/melika091900

have fun,, the ship should be ok, we never had any problems

it was the smoothest cruise weve been on ,, we saw dolphins, whales and sharks from our balcony it was pretty cool...

take care

Your pictures were beautiful. Especially the one with the sunset. That should be a screen saver. I read on another thread that you are taking your 5 year old on a cruise. That will be very exciting. Children see so much more than we do. I will be taking my 16 year old daughter on this cruise. Teenage years can be difficult so I hope this cruise puts us back on track. Have a great day.

Your pictures were beautiful. Especially the one with the sunset. That should be a screen saver. I read on another thread that you are taking your 5 year old on a cruise. That will be very exciting. Children see so much more than we do. I will be taking my 16 year old daughter on this cruise. Teenage years can be difficult so I hope this cruise puts us back on track. Have a great day.

thanks !!! : )

yes you will have a great time, so will your daughter i really liked NCL especially freestyle dining,,,

we are going on carnival pride in november, only because i like carnival also.. we almost went on the star again , but we cant put more than 3 people in a balcony room? only an inside or oceanview,,

i need a balcony, my niece might go with us also, shes 16!!!!!

have a great time... and if you have any questions

let me know

thanks !!! : )

yes you will have a great time, so will your daughter i really liked NCL especially freestyle dining,,,

we are going on carnival pride in november, only because i like carnival also.. we almost went on the star again , but we cant put more than 3 people in a balcony room? only an inside or oceanview,,

i need a balcony, my niece might go with us also, shes 16!!!!!

have a great time... and if you have any questions

let me know

I do have one silly question. My TA(who is the greatest by the way) said she is going to pre-register us. So when we get to the pier where do I go and what do I do? I only ask because my husband will be in his wheelchair and I want to make it as easy as possible for him.

I do have one silly question. My TA(who is the greatest by the way) said she is going to pre-register us. So when we get to the pier where do I go and what do I do? I only ask because my husband will be in his wheelchair and I want to make it as easy as possible for him.

i would make sure the cruiseline knows hes in a wheelchair, you will get to cut everyone in line..... im not sure if you tell them when you get there, or make sure your TA lets them know....

when we boarded the star there were immigration problems, with someone who was getting off, so there was mad chaos when we got there

but.... its so easy to see... theres usually 2ships boarding the same day..

i would defineltey ask NCL,, normal boarding you give your luggage to the porters , get in line, then get a number, wait for your number and then show your passport give your credit card or whatever,, and then wait again for your same number , to finally get in line to board,, it went by fast , but i think since hes in a wheelchair you will be ok.... 1st to get on... ;)

i would make sure the cruiseline knows hes in a wheelchair, you will get to cut everyone in line..... im not sure if you tell them when you get there, or make sure your TA lets them know....

when we boarded the star there were immigration problems, with someone who was getting off, so there was mad chaos when we got there

but.... its so easy to see... theres usually 2ships boarding the same day..

i would defineltey ask NCL,, normal boarding you give your luggage to the porters , get in line, then get a number, wait for your number and then show your passport give your credit card or whatever,, and then wait again for your same number , to finally get in line to board,, it went by fast , but i think since hes in a wheelchair you will be ok.... 1st to get on... ;)

Thanks for the quick response. I will ask my TA if she has told them yet. I am bringing my daughter on the cruise because I am a little directionally challenged. I just want everything to go as smooth as I can make it because my husband really deserves this vacation. He has had a rough go of it in the last few years. Also he loves nothing more than water and big ships. Thanks again.

i hope you really enjoy this cruise and if you get to acapulco and take the city tour which includes the cliff divers just make sure you let the tour operator in port knows that you need a bit of assistance with your husband and you will get a front row seat on the bus and also a special place to see the show with a great view to see the divers and no steps involved. once again have a wonderful trip and enjoy enjoy enjoy.

i hope you really enjoy this cruise and if you get to acapulco and take the city tour which includes the cliff divers just make sure you let the tour operator in port knows that you need a bit of assistance with your husband and you will get a front row seat on the bus and also a special place to see the show with a great view to see the divers and no steps involved. once again have a wonderful trip and enjoy enjoy enjoy.

lovemexico: Are you from Toronto Canada?

Thanks for the quick response. I will ask my TA if she has told them yet. I am bringing my daughter on the cruise because I am a little directionally challenged. I just want everything to go as smooth as I can make it because my husband really deserves this vacation. He has had a rough go of it in the last few years. Also he loves nothing more than water and big ships. Thanks again.

no problem, you will have a great time.. we just booked NCL STAR again in november and cancelled carnival..

i guess we are hooked on freestyle dining,, its so non stressful.... and optional formals, need i say more :D

NCL gave me a good deal since im now a lattitudes member..

but i cant wait ,and we will be on the original iternary not the one we went on in jan, we now will have acapulco and ixtapa, so you will have to let me know how those ports are....

keep in touch

melissaofoia@sbcglobal.net

Melissa so you jumped ship from CCL back to NCL. I love CCL also but after freestyle it's hard to go back. We enjoy to dress up and even formals nights which you can on NCL. We enjoy mostly eating at the different restaurants and eating when we want. That's the main thing for us, sometimes I'm ready at 5-5:30 other nights we don't eat till 9.

Sailed STAR 2/05 and again 2/06. Highly recommend Starboard over Port as w/Starboard we saw whales and other sealife; Port we saw nothing! Starboard was warmer since it did get more sun, but if you don't want the sun, go for Port. Highly recommend trying for an upsell to mini-suite. Refrigerator and coffee service much appreciated. If you like weak coffee, use one package; if you like stronger coffee, use 2 packages - per pot, full to the top w/water. safe worked well. Appreciated fresh flowers and fresh fruit bowl. Breakfast for us most mornings was coffee and fruit - room service menu is limited, but they will try to bring you any request so long as cooking isn't involved. Loved the turkey sandwich sent up one afternoon w/2 iced teas....put the balcony to use that day;)

Half price night in the speciality restaurants seems to be the 2nd night, so ask when you first board. soda was $2.01 a can w/tip - not bad. water was $4.50 a btl (good to know this in advance). foo foo drinks are what they are. Look for the poolside bar-b-que. music pretty loud, but ribs 'n chicken quite good! corn doesn't look appetizing, but it was good (ok, a little mushy, but good flavour). don't miss Trivia in Red Lion Pub (good popcorn there!) - fun games, but it tended to get pretty crowded (they may change the venue for Trivia due to popularity). IMHO, STAR is a fairly cruise-typical experience. did think '06 entertainment had improved over '05; food is subjective, so this is something you discover for yourself. Chocolate Buffet was late at night; hopefully they'll move it to an afternoon as we experienced last yr when it was better received. The Anniversary Package is an EXCELLENT VALUE! you can pre-order. LeBistro is a delightful venue. Endless Summer is not intimate, but food/service were pleasing if you like Tex Mex and aren't from Texas;) IF you get to Cabo SL early one morning and are not touring, you can get a wonderful Mexican breakfast at the Taco Loco (follow directions to Cabo Wabo) - pancakes, bacon, eggs, banana for DH and pancakes for me - w/tip @$9 - they speak English and take US $. The cook doesn't speak English, but she'll give you a nice smile when you tell her "muchas gracias". Beer was typically around $1 in all ports. Dos XX a little hard to find; Pacifico and Corono in abundance. Nachos everywhere not to be missed! and of course, live music wherever you sat (don't forget your dimes and quarters as lots 'n lots of tipping -- even on the public bus in PV). I understand for touring, Las Caletas is still very nice (we did this in '05).

Archived