TURQUOISE BAY

helpwanted

We did this excursion pre-Covid.  I’m not sure if you can get a private taxi or not.  But, I can say that it’s a far ride to Turquoise Bay.  Personally, I would be extremely nervous about getting back on time if I wasn’t on a ship excursion.  My advice would be to take the ship excursion.  

We had a wonderful day there. It’s gorgeous.  The food was so so.  The drinks were pretty good.  There were no chair to chair vendors which was very nice. If you go, there’s a big palapa right at the edge of the water with chairs under it.  Make a beeline for it and claim those chairs. Enjoy your trip!

We were on NCL excursion to Turquoise bay back in November.

It’s a private resort with no public beach access so unless you arrange a pass with them ( not sure if they sell)  you can’t get a private taxi.

As for the place itself I would not recommend it. The beach is small and divided in several areas separates by ropes: VIP ( resort guests and more expensive tours), NCL +RCCL and CCL. Overall the beach is less than 100m so each area is about 30m. The water is murky, the food is just ok, they serve local beer ( typical pilsener /lager). 
West bay is closer has more choices and better beach.

Edited by lixogab
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lixogab said:

We were on NCL excursion to Turquoise bay back in November.

It’s a private resort with no public beach access so unless you arrange a pass with them ( not sure if they sell)  you can’t get a private taxi.

As for the place itself I would not recommend it. The beach is small and divided in several areas separates by ropes: VIP ( resort guests and more expensive tours), NCL +RCCL and CCL. Overall the beach is less than 100m so each area is about 30m. The water is murky, the food is just ok, they serve local beer ( typical pilsener /lager). 
West bay is closer has more choices and better beach.

I agree 100% with your assessment. We also booked the "VIP Turquoise Bay Beach Resort" excursion and it ended up being on our worst excursion ever list for the reasons you posted. It was a very long ride due to road construction. There was no "resort". There was no "VIP" anything. The place was packed and we were herded onto a very crowded beach and intermingled with cruisers from other ships and told "find your own seats". We couldn't get four seats together so that was a problem. We had to drag chairs from other areas to sit together as no section of the beach was reserved for our ship.

Drinks were watered down, we were assigned a time when we could get snacks then assigned another time for lunch which was mediocre. You could only go at your assigned time or miss out. Water was not only murky but wall-to-wall with people too. On other excursions, sometimes you can return to the ship at your leisure but not this one. Our group was on on four buses and at departure time, a few drunk stragglers held us up for over half an hour before ALL buses could leave.

Save your money!

• Like 1