Getaway The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (HF) for 3 people??

garebarepups

Have the three of you ever shared a standard cabin? Do you get up at the same time so the bed could be converted back to seating quickly? The cabin is more spacious than a standard cabin, but not by much. The larger question really is how well do the three of you share a bathroom?  A 2BR is much larger, with a dining area, and extra bath as well as the private bedroom for her.  If only it weren't more expensive. When I've traveled with my adult son we've gotten a forward facing penthouse.  For us, the extra room, and more storage in those cabins more than offsets the walk to the Haven and is an easy compromise. For others, being outside of the courtyard is a non-starter.

• Like 3

yea that was my bed. im not a small guy and had to have 3 layers of eggcrates to make it livable. tiny teen may be fine. just note it's low to the floor. also the room is very cramped for 3. there's no where to 'go' if you know what i mean. if you arent in your cabin a lot its ok. we were on bliss so the huge lounge came in handy. 

i normally do eat room service in bed but you almost have to here. that tiny table isnt very useful for 3.  we had 3rd person move a chair near the bathroom to watch tv and it was just chaos if you had to get to the bathroom. but this was 3 adults. id 100% say no to 3 adults. i did it cause it was cmas and i wanted the haven to getaway from the crowds. a teen you may be ok. 

i also hated the shower. this was in bliss. the door basically opened up onto the sink a few inches. was very hard to get in and out of. unless you are skinny and limber. id actually have preferred a curtain so you werent stuck between the 2 glass doors. also it was too tiny for what i consider  a premium experience. and wasnt enough in the 'closet' for 3 people for 8 day cruise. we made due with some of the drawers. 

actually even with just 2 people i'm not a fan of the courtyard. i 'feel' that a the mini suite i had on BA was actuall more spacious. though i know it was not. it's a subjective thing of course. the bathroom was def more spacious to me in the mini suite vs courtyard. 

the penthouse on bliss was appointed wonderfully. i give it  a 10. but the rest was just blah for me. thankfully we got the larger balconies on deck 17 so 3 chairs fit outside wonderfully! 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, garebarepups said:

I was wondering if any of you have any pictures of the small chair/couch that turns into a bed for a 3rd person (pic of the bed made for the 3rd persone) .  How did you like the room.  It would be us and or teen daughter.  

on my getaway cruise the 2 BR is just 400 more than courtyard. check your pricing. you wont regret the 2br. im gonna be in one next month and i think 2549 is a steal for a 2 br.  also consider aft which has the sep living room bed with i believe full bath. at least on some ships

On 2/10/2022 at 1:34 PM, travelmatron said:

Have the three of you ever shared a standard cabin? Do you get up at the same time so the bed could be converted back to seating quickly? The cabin is more spacious than a standard cabin, but not by much. The larger question really is how well do the three of you share a bathroom?  A 2BR is much larger, with a dining area, and extra bath as well as the private bedroom for her.  If only it weren't more expensive. When I've traveled with my adult son we've gotten a forward facing penthouse.  For us, the extra room, and more storage in those cabins more than offsets the walk to the Haven and is an easy compromise. For others, being outside of the courtyard is a non-starter.i

Yes it's me my husband and 17 year old daughter. We normally get a balcony. I was also debating on the forward cabin but the bedroom reminds me of an inside cabin. How did you like it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, garebarepups said:

Yes it's me my husband and 17 year old daughter. We normally get a balcony. I was also debating on the forward cabin but the bedroom reminds me of an inside cabin. How did you like it?

I'm so sorry...I missed your question.  We did like the forward facing cabin.  Really loved the space of having a separate bedroom and larger bathroom.  The dining area was nice.  Having 2 TVs was also an advantage.  My least favorite Haven cabin has been their Penthouse, but all things are personal choices.  The bedroom in the forward facing cabin does have a window, but of course the window isn't as big as a balcony door.  Most of the time I was in the cabin bedroom, though, my eyes are closed.