Cruise Price Dropped !!!!

I was just checking the current prices for our cruise on explorer 4/2/06. The price for our interior room for 3rd & 4th person dropped $100 per person. I called RCCL and pointed this out to them and they told me there was an even greater savings and received a credit for $380.00 for that room. They also checked my other reserved room which is a balcony cabin and received a credit of $640.00 What a savings!!!! I also booked the cruise through RCCL this time. My last cruise I booked through a TA and had a lot of trouble with them. Hopefully someone else can save, as I did....

I love RCCL and I love Cruise critic.....

Thanks to your post, I checked our May 7 Mariner trip. Cabin dropped by $120pp. Called RCCL and less than 3 min later.....

OK sir, there will be a credit back onto your credit card:o:):D

When I worked a travelocity, I dreded having to deal with proce drops...

I LOVE THEM NOW!!!!!!!

Our cruise price just started to drop. Royalwoman ours had also been going higher and higher until recently. Just keep checking. RCCL is very accommadating. They couldn't have been nicer and also sent an email right away while I was still on the phone confirming the change...

I don't think mine's going to drop. We are booked in a JS, and I checked my sailing on 2 different sites, and no JS's came up as available at all. So I guess if they're all booked in that cat, there's no reason to drop the price, right?

Oh well..... Didn't book with the idea of getting a refund anyway, but it would still be nice.

You mentioned that you booked the cruise through Royal Caribbean. What are the advantages of doing this? We have been on many cruises and have never been very concerned about the price. Each time we have called the same local TA and told her what we wanted and she booked it. (We book our own air and pre/post cruise hotels). We've never been comfortable trying to get bids from companies over the internet, however, booking directly through RCCL would be accepable. An education by someone one this board would be appreciated. Those of you that have replied to this thread seem to know so much more than I. (We are waiting for RCCL to publish their sailing dates to the Baltic for 2007). Thanks in advance.

You mentioned that you booked the cruise through Royal Caribbean. What are the advantages of doing this? We have been on many cruises and have never been very concerned about the price. Each time we have called the same local TA and told her what we wanted and she booked it. (We book our own air and pre/post cruise hotels). We've never been comfortable trying to get bids from companies over the internet, however, booking directly through RCCL would be accepable. An education by someone one this board would be appreciated. Those of you that have replied to this thread seem to know so much more than I. (We are waiting for RCCL to publish their sailing dates to the Baltic for 2007). Thanks in advance.

Just speaking for myself, I always try to book directly with the hotel/air/cruiseline. No middleman, things can still go wrong but adding a third party to the mix just increases the chance. From what I've seen on the board here, most TA honor the reduction in price (when it happens) however a few have not.

Congrats! More money to spend on the ship! I wish I had that luck, the price of my upcoming cruise keeps getting higher and higher...oh well, good to see someone else save $$ :)

I'm with ya Royal! Price is staying same...I doubt we'll get a drop (Feb vaca) so Im not keeping hope. Just be thankful we aren't paying more if the price goes up!

I think experienced cruisers should have no problem booking directly with RCI as they already know the drill and what they are looking for. I use a local TA and when our price dropped she got are refund right away. I feel if you are going to use a TA, use one that you trust and that is local. Usually you get what you pay for.

We just booked AOS right through Royal Carribean for 3-12-06 inside 9th Cat. M for $549.. Got documents in a week. We have been doing this the last three years in February waiting for a deal.

I have a question about the price dropping.

We received our docs yesterday for our April 3rd sailing on the Majesty. I looked on RCCL today and it looks like the price has dropped $30 pp. I can't be completely positive because our category is sold out, but I think it has. We booked through a TA. Is there any way to get a credit for $60 if it has indeed dropped, or are we out of luck since we've already been issued our docs and sailing is so close? If we are eligible, do we call RCCL direct or our TA?

Thanks!

When I originally booked, my cruise, we were in an oceanview on deck 4. A few weeks later, I looked on Expedia and saw the price had gone down for a CA resident special. I called RCI (since I had booked through them) and even though their website didn't show the lower prices, they still honored Expedia's price and I was able to upgrade to a SO on deck 9 and still paid $20 cheaper per person!

Checked the other day and now our room is more than double what we paid for it.:eek:

Archived