Quarantine area on Miracle?

PekingeseLady

Guest BasicSailor

Not sailing on her lately. I think they move them around, depending on how many people are sick. 

May I ask your reason for questioning.

20 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Not sailing on her lately. I think they move them around, depending on how many people are sick. 

May I ask your reason for questioning.

Just curious, I'm sailing the Miracle on the 20th. They test you on ship 2 days after you sail. That leaves 12 days to quarantine if you test positive.   

Guest BasicSailor

Understood, reading reviews l haven't read any that stated people were happily quarantined in their cabin with free movies and cold food delivery.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, PekingeseLady said:

Just curious, I'm sailing the Miracle on the 20th. They test you on ship 2 days after you sail. That leaves 12 days to quarantine if you test positive.   

I guess they would let you out for sunshine within the 5 day quarantine period. 

12 days would be like a prison cell, a person could go stir crazy for sure 😲

Edited by BasicSailor

18 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

Interesting.  Why do they test you 2 days into the cruise?  Never heard of that.

I'm not sure why either, we were on the Miracle two weeks ago and weren't tested on board.  Maybe it's a different itinerary that requires it, Hawaii maybe?

2 hours ago, cathyz said:

I'm not sure why either, we were on the Miracle two weeks ago and weren't tested on board.  Maybe it's a different itinerary that requires it, Hawaii maybe?

I assume it is a longer trip to Hawaii (different requirements).

It's because it's Hawaii, I was told. I was also told I would not be able to use a recovery letter from my Dr. (along with my early January positive test) to avoid pre-cruise testing, but I could skip the next two.

I called back and a different lady told me I could avoid all three tests with a recovery letter. 

Figures! What do I do now?

On 2/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, BasicSailor said:

I guess they would let you out for sunshine within the 5 day quarantine period. 

12 days would be like a prison cell, a person could go stir crazy for sure 😲

Will they let you off the ship at your next port, and allow you to return home and/or quarantine from there? Or are you literally required to stay onboard in your quarantine room for that long?

It is a Hawaii cruise. Hawaii had very strict protocols in place. I'm really not sure how long you'd have to quarantine,   I'm assuming after you test negative twice. No you could not get off on Hawaii to go home. 

I'm just trying to find out from someone who has sailed on the Miracle where the quarantine section is located.