Question re: "Cruise Companions"

handbellplayer

Please be patient with this usual Royal cruiser sailing on Magic.  (There will be many, many questions between now and November.)  We are sailing with another couple.  I sent them an invitation and my booking information now shows them as my cruise companions.  Is that like linked reservations on Royal?  I want to make Specialty Restaurant Reservations and include them, but I can't see how to do that.  Also, we have Anytime Dining. On the Royal site,  I can make dining time reservations.  I don't see anywhere to do that on the Carnival site.  Do you wait until you're on-board to make those reservations (or just show up at the main dining room when you're ready to eat)?

• Like 1

Carnival has the Hub app for your phone. Once onboard, you check-in for dinner with number of guests and your table is usually ready by the time you get to the dining room. 

Add: The Hub app is also used for the daily FunTimes list of onboard activities, showtimes, menus, etc.

• Like 1

Hubs and I have separate cabins on an upcoming cruise, we are properly linked as companions, but it didn't let us book the steakhouse 'together.'   We'll just book onboard, we're getting on really early for once.

If you used to have to make anytime dining reservations for the MDR in advance, I think you'll love Carnival's implementation.  We've never had much of a wait, but even a wait is just fine if I submitted the request while sitting comfortably at my favorite bar!

Edited by Virga
  • Like 1

The HUB app does not have the ability to choose a specific time when you check-in.

But mostly at dinner the table is ready within 15 minutes of check-in, you get notification on the app that  your table is ready with its number, you touch the "I am on my way"  button and you have 10 minutes to get to the dining room.

However for Sea Day Brunch it took about 30 minutes for the table to be ready so there were lots of people crowded around the entrance waiting for their table to be ready.

52 minutes ago, Virga said:

Hubs and I have separate cabins on an upcoming cruise, we are properly linked as companions, but it didn't let us book the steakhouse 'together.'   We'll just book onboard, we're getting on really early for once.

thats weird did you 2 book at different times?

if you booked 2 cabins at the same time, you should be automatically linked but with separate  booking #'s

31 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

thats weird did you 2 book at different times?

if you booked 2 cabins at the same time, you should be automatically linked but with separate  booking #'s

On that one, yes, they were booked at the same time with consecutive booking numbers, so we didn't have to manually add each other as companions - it was automatic.  On others we've had to use the email address to add each other.  We can't manage to book each other for specialty dining or excursions in either case - for the important excursions, we were planning on just booking the same slots and making sure they understand when we get onboard.  Is it 'supposed' to work differently?

8 minutes ago, Virga said:

On that one, yes, they were booked at the same time with consecutive booking numbers, so we didn't have to manually add each other as companions - it was automatic.  On others we've had to use the email address to add each other.  We can't manage to book each other for specialty dining or excursions in either case - for the important excursions, we were planning on just booking the same slots and making sure they understand when we get onboard.  Is it 'supposed' to work differently?

No we dont have that issue 

Im able to book dining, excursions, bvg pkg, anything  for both of us 

did you book with Online, PVP or TA? 

I booked 2 connecting balcony cabins with one of my VIFB offers

Its now a 2bd 2 bath bowling alley balcony suite

5 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

No we dont have that issue 

Im able to book dining, excursions, bvg pkg, anything  for both of us 

did you book with Online, PVP or TA? 

I booked 2 connecting balcony cabins with one of my VIFB offers

Its now a 2bd 2 bath bowling alley balcony suite

That one was booked with my PVP, you'd think that would work natively.  I'll call and get that stuff ordered appropriately, then, make sure there's a 0% chance of us ending up on different tours.

We have the 2b/2b bowling alley balcony suite for a November Sunrise sailing!  Pretty excited 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

The HUB app does not have the ability to choose a specific time when you check-in.

But mostly at dinner the table is ready within 15 minutes of check-in, you get notification on the app that  your table is ready with its number, you touch the "I am on my way"  button and you have 10 minutes to get to the dining room.

However for Sea Day Brunch it took about 30 minutes for the table to be ready so there were lots of people crowded around the entrance waiting for their table to be ready.

I never saw an "I am on my way" button when I reserved a table last month.  I would get an alert or, more often, check the status until a got the message that stated my table was ready and would be held for 10 minutes.

Edited by day-day

12 minutes ago, day-day said:

I never saw an "I am on my way" button when I reserved a table last month.  I would get an alert or, more often, check the status until a got the message that stated my table was ready and would be held for 10 minutes.

Last week there was always the "on my way" button to click everytime the notification that the table is ready appeared on the app.

• Thanks 1

To get your booking linked where you can book the steakhouse or excursions, go to the Booking & Order Detail page and then on the right side of the screen select Manage another booking.  You will need the booking number and last name.  Then everything will be listed on your page and you will be able to add those other things as you want. 😄

It took me a bit to figure this out a few months ago but I kept trying, thinking there must be a way.

Angie

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, shortyjoesmith said:

To get your booking linked where you can book the steakhouse or excursions, go to the Booking & Order Detail page and then on the right side of the screen select Manage another booking.  You will need the booking number and last name.  Then everything will be listed on your page and you will be able to add those other things as you want. 😄

It took me a bit to figure this out a few months ago but I kept trying, thinking there must be a way.

Angie

I just went to try this, and realized that our next trip is too early to use OBC for reservations anyway.  I'll get my PVP to apply a cancelation credit to my Alaska sailing and give it a try.   Thanks!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

Angie

Thanks.  I'll need their booking number for that.  I'll find out.  Apparently "Cruise Companions" means nothing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

Angie

Thank you so much for this information.  I was struggling to find a way to link our 2 staterooms together and this worked perfectly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, McFU said:

Thank you so much for this information.  I was struggling to find a way to link our 2 staterooms together and this worked perfectly.

Wish I’d known this earlier!  Anyway, I tried it out just to see if it worked Yes it did, so now I’m trying to get their booking out of my cruise manager, I’m really not managing their cruise. You can choose which cruise you’re doing something with, but don’t see any way to remove it from my planner!