Travel Insurance with bank?

boatboy2000

On 2/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, AlanCruise said:

For Cruise cover you have to distinguish two separate sections:

1)  Are you covered for medical and evacuation whilst on the ship

2)  Are you covered for additional things like missed ports.

We have the Nationwide plus account which covers the first one (which is the essential part). The second one is an optional extra if you want it.

We are with nationwide and it was £40 to add 2) missed ports which I through was a good price. It covers missed ports, £150 each if confined to cabin by medical officer or £150 per port if P&O decide to skip a port. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, boatboy2000 said:

Hi does anybody have travel insurance with their account and what banks have cruise cover included with the account?

Thinking of switching banks TIA

We have Nat West Platinum.

My husband paid a small extra premium each year for some medical issues, but the cover only lasts 31 days. I think it was about £26 extra for a few small medical issues for the year.

For our upcoming cruise:

He has now also paid an extra £75 a year for age, as is age 70 next month.

We have had the policy extended to a longer period of cover (longer cruise over 31 days coming up)

Nat West (like all banks I think) added an addendum to their policies early in 2021 to cover covid.

The terms and conditions (which you can print out from the Nat West site) sets out what it covers. So we have printed that off and highlighted in yellow all the bits that shows cruise covered, plus repatriation and medical covers. That saves trawling through loads of small print at Southampton (or on ship).

As its an annually renewable policy, we get Nat West to send us a letter stating all areas covered. Its best to phone Nat West, tell them what you need, get them to give you a quote and ask for a letter to be provided to you to confirm covers. You should be able to access that letter from your bank account screens online. You can then print it out (if the postal version is delayed)

Using Nat West and adding what we needed was so much cheaper than a new plan. Staysure quoted us £800 when I ran what we needed through their online quote system.