Post-extension in Athens March 19th

longterm

My wife and I will be taking the post-extension in Athens at the end of our cruise (Italy, Adriatic & Greece); we don't know the times and durations for our excursions in Athens though.

Has anyone done this post-extension (or pre, for that matter), and if so, do you recall the times of your provided excursions? I've booked 2 days of private tours, would love to confirm that they won't conflict.

We did the Athens extension before cruising.  The included tours from viking were all day with some long bus travel.  I am not sure exactly what you are asking... Are you hoping to do additional activities on the same days as the viking tours?  We did a tour on our own the "free day" that was provided.  We went to see meteora by train and it was fantastic!  I can pick my husbands brain about the times of the included tours if you have more specific info you need.  His memory is a lot better and he kept a journal.

3 hours ago, shadowlover said:

We did the Athens extension before cruising.  The included tours from viking were all day with some long bus travel.  I am not sure exactly what you are asking... Are you hoping to do additional activities on the same days as the viking tours?  We did a tour on our own the "free day" that was provided.  We went to see meteora by train and it was fantastic!  I can pick my husbands brain about the times of the included tours if you have more specific info you need.  His memory is a lot better and he kept a journal.

Well, the 1st day, when we disembark from the ship, we have a private tour at 4:30pm; the best info I was able to get from a Viking rep was that the Viking excursion would probably end around lunchtime, since lunch wasn't mentioned in the description. Hopefully that won't mess us up with our private tour.

On the other days we haven't scheduled anything else, except for a private tour on the day we don't have a Viking excursion... fingers crossed that the 1st day turns out to be okay.

6 minutes ago, miami mama said:

I will be very interested in seeing your reviews of the private tours you have during this extension. We have also signed up for the extension but not until 2023. 

We’re arriving in Rome five days early so that we can see the city, and have 3 private tours  there as well; —2 with one company, a 3rd (food tour) with another. I’ll try to post some reviews. 

Longterm:  We are doing a pre in Rome in Nov '22, which does not include any Viking excursions (which I don't quite understand). We will be very interested in hearing how your private Rome tours went.  We've considered The Roman Guy, but will wait to book.  We are also looking for a food tour.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheFarSize said:

Longterm:  We are doing a pre in Rome in Nov '22, which does not include any Viking excursions (which I don't quite understand). We will be very interested in hearing how your private Rome tours went.  We've considered The Roman Guy, but will wait to book.  We are also looking for a food tour.

That's who we're doing our food tour with; the other 2 days we're doing walking tours with another guide that I found (don't remember how now). Will report on it soon!