Weather on the Atlantic Ocean May 29 to June 7, from Southampton to New York

Freightforward

I doubt anyone can give a satisfactory answer as to what average weather would be.

About 10 years ago we did an eastbound crossing during the time period  mentioned. Even though it was late May it was miserably hot and humid leaving New York and for the next full day. We couldn't sit on the balcony. (With Ontario in a deep freeze and substantially covered in ice and snow it seems inappropriate to complain about the heat, but we can't stand it.) For the remainder of the trip the weather was perfect for us: comfortably cool with calm seas.

A couple of years later we had a crossing in the early part of June and again the weather was perfect. Of course, I can't say this was typical. It was just our experiences.

1 hour ago, Freightforward said:

We are taking the QM2 from Southampton to Mew York from May 29 to June 7 this year. What would be the average weather on the Atlantic Ocean on this cruise?

Regards,

Lou

Anywhere from a placid mill pond the entire way to major force winds and thirty foot waves with a 100 foot one tossed in for fun. The ocen Atlantic or Pacific is not one that can be forecast very far put front. In any case the QM2 will ride it all out in regal style. Relax and enjoy.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, Freightforward said:

We are taking the QM2 from Southampton to Mew York from May 29 to June 7 this year. What would be the average weather on the Atlantic Ocean on this cruise?

Regards,

Lou

I’ve sat on my balcony in the sun with a G&T on several January Transatlantics - but predicting the weather is nigh impossible.  2 days later the waves were crashing over the bow and spraying the Commodore Club windows with great force..

We have done this crossing each way at about the same time of the year.

The first year it was virtually flat calm the whole way across and we were sunning on the balcony ( albeit with blankets).

The second year was cold and miserable as  we hit depression after depression which meant spending most of the voyage indoors.

- you just can’t tell!

Enjoy your crossing whatever the weather - it’s a great travel experience!