HELP-Trans on Millenium or NCL Jewel?

lilbit

I'm currently booked on an October 21st transatlantic, 15 nite repro cruise on the NCL Jewel (brand new ship-August 05). I'm in such a dilema because we have always wanted to sail Celebrity and have heard such fabulous things about the cruise experience. We have an opportunity to re-book on the Millenium for the November trans sailing in November 06 at a rate of $400 pp more than the Jewel. I was all set to switch when I was reading some post yesterday regarding the condition and cruise experience aboard the Mill. We are not avid or very pro active NCL cruisers but have sailed them a couple of times due to the rate we were able to get. I didn't realize the Mill. was 6 years old (I realize some of us think a ship is so old after just a few years) however, from the threads I've read it does appear that the ship needs some TLC. My other concern is the difference in temperature going on the trans one month later as I am hoping to be able to get some nice sunny sea days on the way back to Fort Lauderdale. Any comments, opinions would be greatly appreciated.

We cruised on Millennium in Sept. in the Med - had a wonderful time....great food & service, and for the most part a very beautiful ship. The cabin was showing a few signs of wear, but she did go into drydock in Nov., so perhaps that was addressed.

However, based on three things that you mention.... the importance of a newer ship, the lower price with NCL and travelling a month earlier.... I would probably stick with NCL.

Archived