Current Covid Policy Question

Yankeeclipper1

OK - totally confused.  Sailing on March 3.  Trying to find/figure out the most current Regent COVID policy information.  It seems that their website is purposely obfuscated regarding anything Covid related.  I know that previously somewhere there was a policy that said if you were denied boarding because of a positive Covid test at the embarkation point - you had to prove you had a test within (72?) hours of sailing that was negative and you got a positive test at the pier which therefore would deny you boarding.  Under those conditions they would compensate you in some way.  While not mandatory - No pre-test - then you were at risk of Regent not doing anything about their embarkation denial - based upon a embarkation positive test.  

Presently (after March 1) the traveler is responsible for producing a negative test, taken within 48 hours prior to embarkation.  OK I get that - but I can not find any information about what happens if your test is positive - in that 48 hour window?  You obviously will not go to the pier - what is their policy regarding refund/FCC or whatever?  Cannot find anything - anywhere (unless I am looking in the wrong places).  

Are face coverings required?
The health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. Through February 28, 2022, face coverings are required for all crew and we require that guests:

• Wear face coverings onboard while indoors, except when actively eating or drinking or when in their suite.
  • Wear face coverings whenever a crewmember is present in their suite.
  • Wear face coverings outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
  • Adhere to local regulations when visiting ports of call.
  • Our face covering policy is mandatory and will be strictly enforced.

Effective March 1, 2022, onboard all of our ships, face coverings will continue to be required for all crew, and will be highly recommended but not required for guests on board, subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing, which may result in face coverings being required for guests.

We will continue to update our face coverings policy as protocols evolve and change.

What happens if I don’t comply with health and safety requirements?
All guests and crew are required to comply with our health and safety requirements to protect everyone on board, at the terminal and at destinations we visit. Individuals who do not comply with requirements will be denied boarding or disembarked from the cruise.

Guests who fail to comply with the Company’s Health and Safety Protocols will not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Guests should refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract issue for their cruise for complete details.

Will I be required to take a COVID-19 test to disembark the ship?
On voyages beginning or ending in the US, Regent does not require a disembarkation test. For voyages beginning or ending in Europe, a disembarkation test may be required and will be administered on board; the cost of this disembarkation test, if required, would be covered by Regent.

Will you offer testing on board to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post-cruise?
Yes, COVID-19 antigen or PCR tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by Regent for those guests who require a test to return home. If a PCR test is required for any travel home, the Cruise Line will administer and pay for a PCR test, only for those guests whose home country specifically requires a PCR test. The PCR test on board for cruises from Europe will be administered by Eurofins. The PCR test for US based sailings will be administered by Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ medical staff.

How do I know if there are any travel restrictions that could impact my cruise?
We are closely monitoring the evolving global public health environment and to the extent any itineraries are affected, we will notify impacted guests in a timely fashion and update our booking requirements. Additional travel restrictions for certain nationalities or countries may arise based on the quickly evolving public health environment. All guests are strongly advised to monitor current travel requirements and advisories for their home countries. CIBT Visas offers an Informed Traveler program for a small charge which provides updates on travel requirements. Click here for more information.

For voyages beginning before March 1, 2022 where I will be tested at the pier prior to embarkation, what happens if I test positive for COVID-19?
On voyages beginning before March 1, 2022 guests who test positive for COVID-19 at embarkation will be denied boarding. If the guest(s) is symptomatic and requires medical care or hospitalization, MedCon/Port Agent will arrange to have the guest(s) transferred to the local hospital. Hospital and/or medical treatments will be at the guest’s expense and MedCon will make daily calls to our guest(s) in the hospital as a health diary (daily case management). If the guest(s) is not symptomatic, or mildly symptomatic and does not require immediate medical care or hospitalization, MedCon/Port Agent will contact Port/Marine Ops and Hotel Ops to arrange transportation from port. Guest(s) will be isolated in accordance with local regulations. Should the guest(s) develop any symptoms, need to consult a doctor, or require medication associated with COVID-19 they are to contact MedCon. All shoreside hospital and/or medical treatments will be at the guest’s expense. Once required isolation period is complete, no further test will be administered. Any airline or country of origin testing requirements will be at the guest(s)‘ expense. MedCon/Port Agent will manage arrangements for travel/transportation once the Port Agent advises the guest(s) is cleared to travel home. MedCon/Port Agent are to settle all upfront payments with guest(s). Additional details regarding costs for travel arrangements and quarantine can be found below in the “If I test positive for COVID-19, will Regent cover the cost of travel arrangements and/or quarantine needed?”.

Will all guests traveling in the same suite be denied boarding if one member of the party tests positive at embarkation?
Yes — all guests booked in the same suite as the confirmed COVID-19 positive case will not be allowed to board.

For voyages beginning before March 1, 2022, if I cannot sail because I test positive for COVID-19 within 96 hours of travelling to the ship, or at the pier the day of embarkation, will I receive a refund?
For voyages beginning before March 1, 2022, guests who must cancel their cruise within 96 hours of travelling to the ship due to a positive COVID-19 test prior to leaving home, or those that test positive for COVID-19 at the pier prior to embarkation and are denied boarding, should submit an insurance claim. For guests whose claims are denied or who do not have insurance, proof of claim denial from insurance carrier and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider (including the test administered at the pier) are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date, and Regent will provide a Future Cruise Credit (FCC); the FCC will post to the guest’s account within 30 days. The Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one (1) year on any Regent voyage departing within two (2) years. Alternatively, guest may request a monetary refund to the original form of payment** on file by sending an email to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date. Guests who violated RSSC’s Health & Safety protocols and/or local authority regulations/procedures will receive no refunds or credits whatsoever. ** If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.

For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, if I cannot sail because I test positive for COVID-19 before travelling to the ship or at the pier the day of embarkation, will I receive a refund?
For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, guests who must cancel their cruise before travelling to the ship due to a positive COVID-19 test prior to leaving home, or those that test positive for COVID-19 at the pier prior to embarkation and are denied boarding, should submit an insurance claim. For guests whose claims are denied or who do not have insurance, proof of claim denial from insurance carrier and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider (including the test administered at the pier) are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date, and Regent will provide a Future Cruise Credit (FCC); the FCC will post to the guest’s account within 30 days. The Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one (1) year on any Regent voyage departing within two (2) years. Alternatively, guest may request a monetary refund to the original form of payment** on file by sending an email to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date. Guests who violated RSSC’s Health & Safety protocols and/or local authority regulations/procedures will receive no refunds or credits whatsoever. ** If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.

What happens if I test positive for COVID-19 during my cruise or at disembarkation?
If a guest tests positive for COVID-19 while on board, contact tracing will be performed in cooperation with the Security and Surveillance Team.

• If the guest(s) is symptomatic, they will receive complimentary treatment by our onboard medical team and will then be quarantined in the designated isolation suites onboard. The length of their quarantine will depend on the severity of case, the number of days left in the voyage and if the guest(s) is symptomatic/asymptomatic. If the medical condition of the patient continues to deteriorate, the onboard medical team will determine proper course of action to safely disembark the guest(s) depending on the location of the vessel, and will engage Guest Relations team for follow up. Hospital and/or medical treatment after disembarkation will be at the guest’s expense.
  • If the guest(s) is asymptomatic, they will be quarantined in the designated isolation suites onboard. The length of their quarantine will depend on the severity of the case, the number of days left if the voyage and whether the guest remains asymptomatic or becomes symptomatic. Upon cruise completion, MedCon will arrange for the guest(s) and their travel party to be transferred to a local hotel for quarantining, in accordance with local health authority regulations, if quarantine was not completed while on board. If quarantine was completed on board, guest will follow standard disembarkation protocols. MedCon/Port Agent will manage arrangements for travel/transportation, once the Port Agent advises the guest(s) is cleared to travel home. MedCon/Port Agent are to settle all upfront payments with guest(s).

Will all guests traveling in the same suite be denied boarding if one member of the party tests positive before travelling to the ship, during the cruise or at disembarkation?
Guests/Close contacts traveling in the same suite as the confirmed COVID-19 positive case are considered close contacts and will receive an Antigen test for COVID-19. If the Antigen test is positive, a confirmatory PCR test will be given. If the Antigen test is negative, or if after a positive Antigen test the confirmatory PCR test is negative, the close contact will be able to continue to cruise. If the confirmatory PCR test is positive, the close contact will be quarantined and/or disembarked per standard operating procedure.

If I test positive for COVID-19, will Regent cover the cost of travel arrangements and/or quarantine needed?
All guest(s) are to keep receipts for all expenses and file a claim with their insurance carrier for reimbursement. If the guest(s)’ insurance carrier denies the claim and/or the guest(s) does not have insurance protection, and provided the guest has a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider prior to flying to the embarkation port, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will reimburse the guest(s) as noted below. Should guests require assistance finding a COVID-19 testing location prior to departing home or while traveling, please visit the Test for Travel website by click here. Additionally, we have partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide hassle-free, online testing for our guests from the convenience of your home. Please click here for more information.

Please note: For voyages beginning before March 1, 2022, if a guest receives a positive COVID-19 test at the pier upon arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Guests who are unable to provide proof from a registered test provider of a negative PCR or antigen test* taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance. Regent Seven Seas Cruises will assist with the expenses outlined below only if the guest provides proof from a registered test provider of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours prior to their travel date, proof of claim denial from insurance carrier and all receipts. *Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must be from a registered test provider and show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.

• Hotel stay length determined by MedCon and approved by Regent Seven Seas Cruises
  • Reasonable transportation from the terminal to the hospital or hotel, and from the hospital or hotel to the airport
  • Up to $100/day per guest(s) (USD) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
  • Flight change fees up to $300 per person, if applicable
  • All other incidentals, including but not limited to, prescription drug refills, laundry, medical expenses and/or hospitalization costs, will be at the expense of the guest(s). No reimbursement will be provided.
  • Proof of claim denial from insurance carrier, proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider prior to flying to embarkation port, as well as all receipts are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the voyage end date
  • Regent Seven Seas will not reimburse any costs related to shoreside medical care.

For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, if a guest receives a positive COVID-19 test at the pier upon arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Regent Seven Seas Cruises will assist with the expenses outlined below only if guest provides proof of claim denial from insurance carrier and all receipts.

• Hotel stay length determined by MedCon and approved by Regent Seven Seas Cruises
  • Reasonable transportation from the terminal to the hospital or hotel, and from the hospital or hotel to the airport
  • Up to $100/day per guest(s) (USD) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
  • Flight change fees up to $300 per person, if applicable
  • All other incidentals, including but not limited to, prescription drug refills, laundry, medical expenses and/or hospitalization costs, will be at the expense of the guest(s). No reimbursement will be provided.
  • Proof of claim denial from insurance carrier, proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider prior to flying to embarkation port, as well as all receipts are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the voyage end date
  • Regent Seven Seas will not reimburse any costs related to shoreside medical care.

Who is MedCon?
MedCon is a global medical consultant overseeing guests that are being housed in hotel accommodations shoreside. This includes boarding denial and medical disembarkations for all ports around the world. They will be responsible for daily case management for all guests (asymptomatic and symptomatic) to create a documented process for all cases encountered.

If I test positive for COVID-19 during a cruise and have to quarantine, will I receive a refund?
Guests who are quarantined and/or disembarked due to a positive COVID-19 test, immediate travel party or close contact as defined above should submit an insurance claim for trip interruption. Proof of claim denial from insurance carrier, proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a registered test provider prior to flying to embarkation port, as well as all receipts are to be submitted to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date. For guests whose claims are denied or who do not have insurance, Regent will provide a pro-rata Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on the amount of cruise fare paid based on the number of nights sailed; the FCC will post to the guest’s account within 30 days. The Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one (1) year on any Regent voyage departing within two (2) years. Alternatively, guest may request a pro-rata monetary refund to the original form of payment** on file by sending an email to guestrelations@rssc.com within three (3) months from the scheduled voyage end date. Guests who violated RSSC’s Health & Safety protocols and/or local authority regulations/procedures will receive no refunds or credits whatsoever. ** If any portion of the booking has previously applied Future Cruise Credits, those Future Cruise Credits will be reinstated to the guest’s account and are non-refundable.

Edited by Pcardad

3 minutes ago, Yankeeclipper1 said:

Pcardad - thank you - I missed it from the main page - you have to click down several layers and get into FAQ General Health and Safety.  I guess I didn't "dig" far enough.

Don't feel bad - they still won't release the onboard quarantine policy.

6 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Don't feel bad - they still won't release the onboard quarantine policy.

Have other cruise lines been more transparent than this? It's mind boggling that their passengers don't demand this information before boarding.