question about funpass

theluckiest

hi, i'm getting ready for my first cruise march 13-17. i know we are supposed to have the funpass filled out online about 2 weeks before we leave, however, my boyfriend still doesnt have his passport. i filled out all of my information, and i'm just wondering what exactly the funpass does for you, and what happens if we don't have it all completed?

Hi, I belive the funpass is a security feature where Carnival collects travel info to save time at the pier. I dont think it would be a big problem if you didnt complete it online. They would check it at the pier. ( I didnt complete the online funpass my first cruise as I didnt even know about it :D ) HAVE FUN

hi, i'm getting ready for my first cruise march 13-17. i know we are supposed to have the funpass filled out online about 2 weeks before we leave, however, my boyfriend still doesnt have his passport. i filled out all of my information, and i'm just wondering what exactly the funpass does for you, and what happens if we don't have it all completed?

Your Boyfriend has a CERTIFIED (raised seal) copy of his birth certificate, in addition to the one he had to send in with the passport application, right?

I believe the Funpass is used for security screening; I would call Carnival directly to ensure that it's OK if it's not completely filled out two weeks in advance.

I wouldn't wait much longer; if the passport doesn't arrive shortly I would make sure I had a birth certificate. I had to send away for my Wife's (we don't live near her birth city) and it took a couple weeks.

One thing for sure- if you don't have a passport or certified birth certificate, they will NOT allow you on the ship, no matter how much you paid. Also, I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if travel insurance will reimburse you if you can't cruise because you didn't have the proper documentation.

Hopefully you already know all this, and everything's peachy! Have fun on your cruise!

Filling out your Fun Pass is another way of checking that you are fully registered with Carnival for that sailing, If you forget your Docs at home, they will look in the computer and see that you are checked-in using the Fun Pass feature. I was told about this last week by 2 Carnival PVP since I still dont have my Docs.

Ensure your BF has his Birth Certificate ready if he doesnt recieve his Passport yet.

The fun pass is just registering early. Prior to fun pass you would get paperwork in your docs to fillout. With funpass I think the only thign you have to fillout is the credit card number. The other stuff says fun pass completed in docs. You still have to show proff of citzenship.

The fun pass is just registering early. Prior to fun pass you would get paperwork in your docs to fillout. With funpass I think the only thign you have to fillout is the credit card number. The other stuff says fun pass completed in docs. You still have to show proff of citzenship.

I read from a previous cruiser being CDN that they scanned their passports and all info was available..do not need to print out the funpass... (if it is infact complete).. I would assume would be the same for US or other countries

Also, completing the funpass is supposed to satisfy the Homeland Security issue before you sail. When you finish the funpass you can see your room # too!!! Can't wait til April 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funpass is just early booking. Carnival already has what the need for Homeland Security fron your booking info. THAT is what they send 72 hours before sailing.

Mark T

When I filled out my fun pass I put down my birthday wrong with a silly typo error. I never noticed it till boarding. The check in guy scared the heck out of me because he was really checking out my birth certificate and started asking me questions. He then let me go through. Like the poster said above, I think too it is just to expedite the check in process.

Just birth certificate, WITH OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID. Don't forget that.

About the FUNPASS line; When we sailed out of NEw Orleans 2004, they actually had a Funpass line, we showed our funpass and went to a line with onll about three people ahead of us. In Galveston last year, we showed our funpass, and they sent us to a regular line. They said it would just save us the trouble of filling out more paperwork. It didn't save us any time, but made things easier for Carnival, which I suppose is a good thing.

A fun pass gets you on the ship much faster, all the work is done and in the computers when you board, they still ask you for your birth certificate and valid ID or Passport (they did us on the Destiny a few months ago) but that was when we were in line, then we all hauled in the little tiny room sweezed in like sardines, and someone yelled if you have filled out your fun pass please go to line 10, well no one infront of us moved so we went to 10, showed our ID, got our room keys and were the first ones on the ship, it was nice wondering around an enpty ship.

Archived