A question for the ladies...

cruzinchris

:eek: :eek: Can this be true? Has the world gone mad? Women are actually questioning the need for a bag???

Bdjam, you made me smile with your comment about the Queen! Bless her heart, she carries it everywhere and it is a well known fact that she doesn't carry any money, so why?:confused:

A bag, purse, tote whatever you want to call it is a fashion accessory that compliments an outfit, just like shoes or a hat. A woman with true style would never leave the house (or Palace in the case of our Queen) without a purse that complimented and completed her outfit for that day.

It breaks my heart to see so many women questioning the use or need for a bag. They are beautiful creations, each one unique, they create a look, they compliment an outfit, they are amazing - big or small you can never have too many bags !!! Large bags are the here the now the must have fashion accessory.

They are as vital as shoes, embrace them, love them :D

I use a fanny pack during the day and on excursions. This time around, DH will use a backpack for excursions as well. At night, I give DH my room card to carry, so he can give it to me in case we do separate things (never) and don't carry anything else. I just don't like to worry about having something with me that I need to be wary of.

It's a waterless hand cleaner used to kill bacteria on your hands while onboard. :cool:

http://www.pfizerch.com/brand.aspx?id=310

Don't see it on the website, but I bought a 3-pack of Purell in very small bottles that came with a little soft plastic "jacket" to clip onto a tote handle, lanyard, or whatever to have readily at hand.

Don't see it on the website, but I bought a 3-pack of Purell in very small bottles that came with a little soft plastic "jacket" to clip onto a tote handle, lanyard, or whatever to have readily at hand.

Also as an FYI... there are 'hand sanitizer' machines at the buffets (Horizon Court and Caribe on the Caribbean Princess), too. You just put your hand under the little machine, and out spits hand sanitizer! voila! :)

Purell is a great hand cleaner in a bottle--anti-bacterial

similar to the large sanitizing items at the Horizon Court

I have several--only need to remember to us them--before you eat at Horizon--even though you may have sanitized before using the utensils--not eveyone uses it.

Don't mean to sound picky about this--but after having ben quaranteened in my stateroom on the Diamond--do eveything you can to avoid the Norovirus--no fun stuck in your room--(once you feel well enough to get out of there) Licky for me--I was only held captive for one day because we disembarked the next day in San Pedro.

Nancy

I carry a very big purse except when I ditch it for the evening bag. We travel with a large group and it appears I am responsible for things like foldable raingear, sunscreen, tic tacs, cough drops, advil, everyone's glasses, etc., etc. It has become a family joke, but I am still expected to have it. I feel like Mary Poppins, except that I do not have an umbrella that permits me to fly!:D

I carry a carpet bag, myself. ;)

I use an evening bag at night, and I figure I'm never more than 1000 feet from my room, so I don't carry a bag during the day. I try to have a pocket for Purell, lipstick and cruise card; if not, my husband can usually be convinced to put them in his pocket.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kat

We just came back from a great cruise on the Golden Princess and I didn't carry a purse - but then again I am one that doesn't like to carry one anyway... DH carried my card if needed on board ( we purchased the Soda Sticker so needed it with us) - on excursions we used a backpack for sunglasses, cameras, etc. Less is best.

PattyJeanB

You don't need your own towels - fresh beach towels were provided each day. Since this was our first "big" cruise we also were leary of leaving a backpack on the beach but found this is not somehting to worry about. We found that most every beach we went to had other cruise passengers who tend to "look out" for each other, but we actually saw a couple with one of the new IPods and external speakers set up and they kept walking off and leaving it out in the open. We talked to some of our local guides and they said stealing is not a problem for two reasons: one the penalties are very stiff if caught but mostly because of two - if people start stealing things on the beach - the tourists will stop coming and these people loose their livelyhood - all it takes is a few instances to get around on boards like this and you start to have passengers boycotting certain areas and those people get no income. After our first beach we felt comfortable leaving our bag while we snorkeled - we did however purchase a waterproof case that held our cruise id cards and our cash just in case - a zip lock back in DH's zipper pocket on his suit would have worked also.

Wow, I carry several bags while onboard with all of my cameras and photographic supplies. Hope I'm not being classified in the same group...:eek:

I'm glad someone else finally chimed in with camera cases. I almost always carry a tote/camera case with cameras and camera supplies; and as long as I have that, lipstick, tissues, etc. Evenings, though, it's just an evening bag and maybe a small digital camera; or maybe I'll leave all the cameras in the cabin and let the ship's photographer do the job.

Cruisin Chris: I do the same thing you do. The most I carry around the ship is a small bag. One of the ladies that I met carried a big bag because she carried all of her good jewelry with her. I don't bring my expensive jewelry when I cruise.

I carry a small Louis Vuitton pochette during the day, or a beach tote with suntan oil, book, sunglasses, etc...for by the pool or the beach. I also have a small evening bag with room for a compact, lipstick, shipcard, and cash.

I wish I could go without, but I have too many "Can't be without" items, such as lip balm, hand sanitizer, mints, Advil, sunglasses, compact, emery board, Ipod, etc...:rolleyes:

Archived