Resilient Lady - long, exotic voyages!

CruzinMermaid

Based on how they announced it and the fact the ports don't repeat, it looks like it's meant to counter some of the "round-the-world" long-term cruises on some of the luxury lines. 

For the low, low price (😉) of just $8,500 per sailor, you could theoretically do 4 consecutive back-to-backs, from October 15th - December 5th, to hit 8 countries (17 individual ports). When they announce the December sailings, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Resilient's next stops to include New Zealand, Tahiti, and Fiji.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, chloe173 said:

Based on how they announced it and the fact the ports don't repeat, it looks like it's meant to counter some of the "round-the-world" long-term cruises on some of the luxury lines. 

For the low, low price (😉) of just $8,500 per sailor, you could theoretically do 4 consecutive back-to-backs, from October 15th - December 5th, to hit 8 countries (17 individual ports). When they announce the December sailings, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Resilient's next stops to include New Zealand, Tahiti, and Fiji.

I think you are completely right.  My guess is that 2022/23 is the only season when Resilient is going to do a TA to Puerto Rico and this new Greece to Dubai crossing will be the standard for the ship to do Australia based itineraries.  

We switched our booking to be on the Dubai to Singapore cruise.  Stops in New Zealand would be better, since we are going to head there afterwards anyway to visit our son who will be in Wellington for grad school, but our future cruise credits expire in Nov of 23.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 6:26 AM, ociana said:

Oh boy, I think I might be switching up my plans to jump on those itinerary options.  Thanks for letting us know.

Honestly, I'm pretty close to doing the same. My First Mate wants me to book one of these - I told her that would mean undoing one of my other trips. Work doesn't appreciate taking 5 weeks off work for some reason.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:37 PM, chloe173 said:

For the low, low price (😉) of just $8,500 per sailor, you could theoretically do 4 consecutive back-to-backs, from October 15th - December 5th, to hit 8 countries (17 individual ports). 

why, why did you have to point out the opportunity for 4 back-to-backs for such a reasonable price and on such a grand scale.

I think there may be more than 8 countries, assuming you meant Resilient Lady's immediate previous trip:

• Athens - Athens 7 nights, Greece/Croatia/Montenegro
  • Athens - Dubai 14 nights, Greece/Egypt/UAE
  • Dubai - Singapore 15 nights, UAE/India/Sri Lanka/Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore
  • Singapore - Sydney 15 nights, Singapore/Bali/Australia

I don't think is is any type of specific around the world trip, their website says it's a one way relocation to Australia.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/destinations/transatlantic-and-more

Resilient Lady’s Epic Repositioning

Resilient Lady's 2023 one-way voyages will have you dancing to Balinese beats in Kuala Lumpur's streets, yearning for Cairo's vibrant energy, and craving Cairns' laid-back charm — all while sailing from Athens to Dubai, onto Singapore, and finally landing in Sydney to spend her winters in the warm summer breeze.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drewdawg199 said:

I don't think is is any type of specific around the world trip, their website says it's a one way relocation to Australia.

Resilient Lady’s Epic Repositioning

Repo to Australia - are they setting up to go to Antarctica?  Leaving from Aus would, I think, put them in line for a visit to McMurdo.

Or, could be basing in Aus for Polynesian cruises. Either way, saving my pennies - I want to play!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I’m new to the CC boards. We’re looking at booking a Virgin cruise to celebrate a ‘big’ birthday in 2023 and really like the look of these itineraries. Looking at the Seriously Suites from Dubai to Singapore and would really value some advice. 
We have done three cruises before in Europe with Royal Caribbean so still very much a novice! 
Should we book this far in advance or do you think there would be better deals 12 months before or closer to the time? 

Thanks in advance 

4 hours ago, Avonmore said:

Hi all,

I’m new to the CC boards. We’re looking at booking a Virgin cruise to celebrate a ‘big’ birthday in 2023 and really like the look of these itineraries. Looking at the Seriously Suites from Dubai to Singapore and would really value some advice. 
We have done three cruises before in Europe with Royal Caribbean so still very much a novice! 
Should we book this far in advance or do you think there would be better deals 12 months before or closer to the time? 

Thanks in advance 

Welcome to CC!  You can book this far in advance and then watch the deals.  If the price drops, Virgin will refund you the difference up until final payment is due.  I also found that they will switch your booking to a different cruise if plans change.  We did that to switch to the exact cruise you are considering!

2 hours ago, ociana said:

Welcome to CC!  You can book this far in advance and then watch the deals.  If the price drops, Virgin will refund you the difference up until final payment is due.  I also found that they will switch your booking to a different cruise if plans change.  We did that to switch to the exact cruise you are considering!

Thank you @ocianathat’s really helpful advice. It does look like an exciting cruise. 

Just some info if anyone is interested…..

We took the plunge and booked the Virgin Voyage from Dubai to Singapore for Nov 2023 (seems ages away but already excited!) on Resilient Lady. Whilst looking for port excursion information I came across these tours that maybe of interest to anyone on this cruise > https://www.tourwithlijo.com/tours/resilient-lady-essential-india/

A quick search reveals they are recommended on CC and have good reviews on Trip Advisor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, just booked Dubai to Singapore leg, only problem is that it so long away!

we are from Australia and are doing a 7 day land tour of India before flying to Dubai for start of cruise and then 4 days in Singapore at the end.

The cruiseline certainly sounds different from others we have been on but all sound good to us.

Wife and I are mid 60s but like to think we are younger! so the entertainment, dress code and no drink packages sound good to us.

See you all in Nov 2023

Daz

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, Avonmore said:

Just some info if anyone is interested…..

We took the plunge and booked the Virgin Voyage from Dubai to Singapore for Nov 2023 (seems ages away but already excited!) on Resilient Lady. Whilst looking for port excursion information I came across these tours that maybe of interest to anyone on this cruise > https://www.tourwithlijo.com/tours/resilient-lady-essential-india/

A quick search reveals they are recommended on CC and have good reviews on Trip Advisor. 

Hi Avonmore, 

I've just setup a Roll Call for this particular cruise from Dubai to Singapore. Any thoughts and ideas you have about excursions or country stops, you can post on there for all 'Sailors' on that cruise to see. I've had a quick look at the tourwithlijo, so anything else you come across is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ian