Dining table

For a family of four, would you recommend a table for 4 or a table for 8. I hate the thought of sitting with 2 others only, and feeling like they are left out in conversations. I'm thinking maybe it would be better to sit by ourselves. Are there tables for 8.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myshipcamein:

Are there tables for 8.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

almamater.jpg

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

We prefer a table for 8. We were once seated with a family of four and two other singles. We found the interaction to be more enjoyable with the larger table.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

I agree, go for the larger table. We have always enjoyed the company of those we have been joined with. I have heard the stories of lousy tablemates and I am sure they are true but I think they are not the norm. The larger group should be fun for you two and should be a good learning experience for your youngsters.

Elation 11/2003

Conquest 01/2003

Jubilee 11/2002

Victory 02/2001

Destiny 02/2000

Geotide 11/1992

United States 06/1962

Have to agree on this one with the larger table. We were seated at a table for four, and while our tablemates were a blast, they were only there two nights out of seven, so a few more people would have been nice for conversation. I think the larger tables and reviewing the day with tablemates is part of the cruise experience.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours 5/9/04

<MARQUEE>A day at sea is better than a day at work</MARQUEE>

I would think they would seat y'all at a table for 8, removing one chair. That would be ideal - and also give you more elbow room. icon_wink.gif

To OP, I really do like sitting with a variety of folks. Just more fun and lively conversation. I'm a solo cruiser, and I love large tables.

I was once seated at a 4-person table, just me and a honeymoon couple. icon_rolleyes.gif They were cute and sweet, but we had nothing in common, and they even told me (nicely) that they had requested a table for two.

I was moved to a large table the next night at my request. I went back over to tell them I 'arranged' for them to have their alone time, and they were SO grateful - even bought me a drink on deck when I saw them there! Happy ending. icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

The more the merrier..yep they have tables for 8 and even for 11 just incase anyone else may wonder.

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Caribbean Princess Oct 23 2004

Archived