Changing room occupants

spider33565

:confused: Does anyone know about changing the occupants other than who was booked in the room. My 14, 20, and 21 year old sons will be cruising 1st time with my SO and I. The 14yr old was booked with me, and the 20yr old was booked with my SO. Of course we planned on the 14 & 20 year old sharing a room. Also, my ex is out of the picture completely, I have sole custody. Do I need to prove this with Carnival cruise lines?

I'm not sure if I'm totally clear on this but if your not adding any new or deleting any passengers & just switching one person from one room to another you should be able to do this at the Pursers desk after you board.

If you are going out of the country with a minor you might need to show documentation that you have sole custody.

I think they do have a rule about there being someone 25 years or older in each cabin. I also think this is done quite often. I think it probably goes under that military ruling "Don't ask don't tell" or maybe the " Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" kind of thing.

Good luck....

We booked our room with our 16 yr old daughter & her 2 friends on one side & our 23 yr old son & his friend on the other side, so we could all have our own rooms & nobody has to play the key swap game & nobody has to stand in line at the purser's desk to get it all straightened out......no muss - no fuss..."No Problems, mon!" ...We're on vacation & want it to be smooth sailing.....:) I LOVE my PVP!:D

Carnival does a bedcheck everynight to make sure one is in the right cabin (tongue in cheek)

Remines me of

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

derf...LMAO!!! your too funny

seriously - we have done the same thing for our next cruise - have one kid in one room with me and one in the other with dad to get the past guest special - the PVP told us as long as they were adjacent rooms wouldn't be a problem and we could swap rooms all we wanted just go to the purser's desk and get an extra key

Okay, now I am not sure if I should go the puser or just keep mums with putting the 14 year old in with the 20 year old who was booked to share with my SO under his name. I surely don't want to spend the cruise with my 14yr old and my SO wouldn't be too happy if he had to spend the nite with my 20yr old if they frowned upon this room switch. I guess we will just have to ask around when we get on board.

Thanks everyone!!:)

Okay, now I am not sure if I should go the puser or just keep mums with putting the 14 year old in with the 20 year old who was booked to share with my SO under his name. I surely don't want to spend the cruise with my 14yr old and my SO wouldn't be too happy if he had to spend the nite with my 20yr old if they frowned upon this room switch. I guess we will just have to ask around when we get on board.

Thanks everyone!!:)

Depending on which ship you go on, the S&S card may also be the room key, so keep that in mind... I don't think most have had problems getting this switched once onboard. As long as the cabins are adjoining or across the hall/etc, you shouldn't have a problem.

We booked our 14 yr old son with me and our 17 yr old son with husband - when we got on board our the two boys took one room and we took the other. Never tried to keep it secret, and we asked the steward if it would be a problem (the boys were across the hall from us) - he said no problem! It worked fine. Just make sure you have the right keys (cards) to open up the rooms.

I shared custody with my EX - but didn't bother on a cruise to Mexico to get the EX to sign anything - but when we took the younger one to South America - we did get his Dad to sign an okay.

On the Miracle last September, we took our son and his wife with us. They were 20 & 21. Carnival booked one of them with me and one with my husband. We did the same thing - they went in one room - we went in the other. No problem. Don't worry about anything - go for it!

We've sailed on RCCl w/o my husband and nver had problem taking my daughter. Last summer on Princess while checking in they asked for the "autorization" form. I had no idea what they were talking about. The homeland security lady came over and explained that since both parents weren't traveling they needed proof that the other parent knew the child was leaving the country.

My TA said Carnival is very strict about it - there was a parent release form on cruise divas site here is a link to it - I'd personally take it just to be safe. You wouldn't want to be the one where security calls the dad and he says "NO I didn't give permission for her to leave".

http://www.***************/parental_permission1.htm - SORRY IT WON"T LET THE LINK SHOW

its on Cruise Divas . com website just search for parental release

I think they do have a rule about there being someone 25 years or older in each cabin. I also think this is done quite often. I think it probably goes under that military ruling "Don't ask don't tell" or maybe the " Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" kind of thing.

Good luck....

I booked my 19 year old in a cabin with my 10 year old. No problem.

My best friend and I were cruising with out two 15 yr old daughters. When we were picking up sign and sail cards, we told them we planned on putting the two girls in their own cabin together (Which was right next door to our) and I asked for an extra room key for their room. They gave me one without a single word. So, answer is YES you can. If audults are right by, no problem.

:confused: Does anyone know about changing the occupants other than who was booked in the room. My 14, 20, and 21 year old sons will be cruising 1st time with my SO and I. The 14yr old was booked with me, and the 20yr old was booked with my SO. Of course we planned on the 14 & 20 year old sharing a room. Also, my ex is out of the picture completely, I have sole custody. Do I need to prove this with Carnival cruise lines?

Sorry, I must be an idiot or really tired~

I had to read this three times...because it took that long to dicipher all the code.

But then I realized:

What happened to the 21 year old?...two boys in one room...you and your SO(what is that?)together..where is the 21 year old?...can't he stay with his younger brothers all in the same cabin and then it would all be legal eagle...and follow Carnival's rules????

Confused?

You will need to prove you have sole custody in order to take a minor out of the country, or a note from your EX giving you permission to do so (bring a copy of the court order).

Once on board, there are no bed checks. You do not have to sleep in the same cabin you are booked into.

You can break all of the rules regarding the age requirements but don't wear jeans to the dining room.

"The following cruise lines require that either 1) All passengers in a cabin must be 21 or older, or 2) If anyone in the cabin is younger than 21 years old, someone in the cabin must be 25 or older: Carnival, Holland America and Windstar Cruises."

You will need to prove you have sole custody in order to take a minor out of the country, or a note from your EX giving you permission to do so (bring a copy of the court order).

Once on board, there are no bed checks. You do not have to sleep in the same cabin you are booked into.

This is Mexico's requirement, if debarking in Mexico. There is no law that you cannot take your child out of the country, as long as you have legal custody(does not need be sole custody). But, it is a good idea to have the letter, just in case someone is confused about the law. Better safe than sorry.

Sorry, I must be an idiot or really tired~

I had to read this three times...because it took that long to dicipher all the code.

But then I realized:

What happened to the 21 year old?...two boys in one room...you and your SO(what is that?)together..where is the 21 year old?...can't he stay with his younger brothers all in the same cabin and then it would all be legal eagle...and follow Carnival's rules????

Confused?

So true on the confusion since I failed to mention that the 21 year is rooming with his fianace. I booked 3 rooms. The 14 & 20 yr old were originally supposed to share their room, but the TA said he had to book the 14 & 20 in with adults. He was not helpful at all in letting me know whether or not it was going to be an "issue" about the youngsters eventually rooming together once on board.

SO would be my significant other.

So true on the confusion since I failed to mention that the 21 year is rooming with his fianace. I booked 3 rooms. The 14 & 20 yr old were originally supposed to share their room, but the TA said he had to book the 14 & 20 in with adults. He was not helpful at all in letting me know whether or not it was going to be an "issue" about the youngsters eventually rooming together once on board.

SO would be my significant other.

Thanks for clearing that up....

Here is what you need to do:

One....Make sure you have proof of full custody of your 14 year old...the others do not matter because they are over 18 and can leave the country on their own if they want.

Two...freaking go around your TA and tell carnival over the phone that you have two brothers..one almost 21 over the phone and have them switch the names on the paperwork....They sometime make exceptions with family members...and permission from the mother. Just make this clear and ask to speak to a manager if you have to.

If that doesn't work start sneaking people around once on board....for bed time. They know you are probably going to do this anyway...my guess is they will just do as you wish...because you are the mom...20? 21? Brothers? They just might do it!

Okay, as long as the boys are YOUR children, and not a child and a friend, they can be booked in an adjacent cabin with no problems. You don't have to split the adults if you aren't trying to get a discount that is tied to those adults (ex: past guest, military, senior, etc.). Otherwise, just rearrange once you are on board ship as much as you like and have the purser's desk re-key your S&S card or change up room keys, depending on your ship. It is so not worth stressing about...

Also, my ex is out of the picture completely, I have sole custody. Do I need to prove this with Carnival cruise lines?

When we cruise later this year my daughter will be 6. Her father is in the picture, but we are not together. I was told by Carnival that her passport will be good enough since both of us had to sign the papers to get one. By the time we cruise the passport requirement will be around. Not sure if your 14 year old has a passport, but that is one thing you could use if you needed it.

Although, I don't know how you would get a passport for a minor if the dad wasn't in the picture to sign the papers. :confused:

When we cruise later this year my daughter will be 6. Her father is in the picture, but we are not together. I was told by Carnival that her passport will be good enough since both of us had to sign the papers to get one. By the time we cruise the passport requirement will be around. Not sure if your 14 year old has a passport, but that is one thing you could use if you needed it.

Although, I don't know how you would get a passport for a minor if the dad wasn't in the picture to sign the papers. :confused:

Really?

I went for Mother's day 4 years ago on a cruise out of Vancouver BC to Alaska...took my sister, best friend, and my minor daughter(also her birthday weekend)...I am not even divorced, but in addition to our passports...I had to have a signed and noterized letter from my husband saying he knew and was okay with me taking her out of the country...I had to show it driving over the border...and again before they would let her on the ship...and again when we were disembarking, the customs agent asked for it.

I wonder if the policies have changed.

Really?

I went for Mother's day 4 years ago on a cruise out of Vancouver BC to Alaska...took my sister, best friend, and my minor daughter(also her birthday weekend)...I am not even divorced, but in addition to our passports...I had to have a signed and noterized letter from my husband saying he knew and was okay with me taking her out of the country...I had to show it driving over the border...and again before they would let her on the ship...and again when we were disembarking, the customs agent asked for it.

I wonder if the policies have changed.

Wow! Good thing you had that letter! I'm not 100% sure on any of this because this is not only my first cruise, but also the first time I am taking her out of the country. When we booked the cruise I asked about it and the lady at Carnival said that since we would need our passports on our cruise anyway that will be enough. I did need his permission to get her a passport. Maybe I will get a letter just in case. I don't want to get all the way to the port and then get turned away over that! :mad:

Archived