Thoughts on the Carnival Freedom

SC2020

With the recent Carnival shuffling of ships, the ones out of Port Canaveral are the Freedom and Mardi Gras. The MG won't work (time and money), so what are some thoughts on the Freedom? Likes? Dislikes? What are the adult areas like? Food? Etc.

The itinerary I like is a 5 night Eastern Caribbean cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk. 

I was on the Freedom over Thanksgiving and loved it.

Serenity is smaller and not as nice as Sunshine's. But there is an adults-only aft pool (but opposite side of ship from Serenity). Food is excellent but doesn't have all the latest options like the Italian. The buffet I felt was very well designed, much better than Sunshine's. I did like the bbq restaurant, honestly better than the Italian on Sunshine. But then again I love BBQ pork or beef, potato salad, food like that.

Decor is more like Fantasy than Sunshine. I liked it though.

The shops onboard are small compared to other ships. I felt like even smaller than Fantasy? Up to you if that matters.

Comedy club is quite large! But can still fill up for popular times. Main lounge is certainly adequate sized. Granted my Thanksgiving cruise was perhaps 60% capacity so there were never lines for anything, not even a Guy's burger.

I loved all the public space.

All the things that are (or should be) a given with Carnival - crew, cleanliness, etc - all there.

In short I'd go back on Freedom tomorrow if I could. If Freedom replaced Sunshine in Charleston (my normal homeport because it's an easy drive), I would be happy with the change.

• Like 1