On Seashore now, Feb 26 - Mar 12 NOT YC, any questions

ready2cruzagain

12 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 my job to visit the bars

I hear you!! My goal is to have a drink at each bar on the ship and on Ocean Cay, I bet there are like 20+ total?  How many did you drink at already, and what's your favorite?

On 2/28/2022 at 8:58 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

There are 1,513 passengers this week. There will be 2,500 passengers next week.

they still have the main theater with social distancing seating.

Interesting, just got off Seashore, was on from 2/26 to 3/5.  When I asked, I was told there were about 2,000 passengers.  Either way, definitely was a lot more than the 700 or so that was on the Mervaliga when I sailed on her in mid-Dec 2021...

Hope you are having a great time!  I admit I have been spying on the ship in anticipation of our cruise and noticed it said "Rendezvous with Medevac" yesterday, hope nothing serious happened.

I see you are on your way to Ocean Cay now - if you have a chance and pass by the equipment rental station tomorrow, would you mind asking about the kayak rental?  Is it for literally an hour only or for as long as you need it?  Wondering if it's an "excursion" of if one can just take it for a few hours...

On 2/27/2022 at 10:22 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

On Seashore for 2 weeks right now. Loving it. In steerage, no YC here. Yesterday was stressful trying to get on the ship, just having to do all that is requred.   They still tested at the port. 

Last night they removed the social distancing signs from the chairs. You can sit at the bars, at all chairs in venues.  We were even seated at a table for 7 in MDR. Only 2 others showed up and they requested a table by themselves.

If you have any questions I will try to answer.

Are masks required on board in all or some areas?  Thank  you.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

I hear you!! My goal is to have a drink at each bar on the ship and on Ocean Cay, I bet there are like 20+ total?  How many did you drink at already, and what's your favorite?

I do believe we probably had a drink at every bar we could. Our favorite was the Brooklyn Cafe. It opened at 7am with Specialty coffees available at that bar and drinks.  It was open until I believe 1am.  They had music that played from 6pm until close.  We loved Duo Remedy. It was a piano player that sang and a drummer.  She was good.  They usually played from 6 pm until 10pm.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, therealblackknight said:

Interesting, just got off Seashore, was on from 2/26 to 3/5.  When I asked, I was told there were about 2,000 passengers.  Either way, definitely was a lot more than the 700 or so that was on the Mervaliga when I sailed on her in mid-Dec 2021...

I got the number from the CD.  So probably pretty accurate.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:03 AM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Hope you are having a great time!  I admit I have been spying on the ship in anticipation of our cruise and noticed it said "Rendezvous with Medevac" yesterday, hope nothing serious happened.

I see you are on your way to Ocean Cay now - if you have a chance and pass by the equipment rental station tomorrow, would you mind asking about the kayak rental?  Is it for literally an hour only or for as long as you need it?  Wondering if it's an "excursion" of if one can just take it for a few hours...

Did not even know about the Medivac until I read it here. No idea what happened.

I was told it was for 1 hour as in literally.  The floats are all day.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, WirelessRoute said:

For the beverage plus drink package what is "well" tequila and "well" whiskey supposed to be ? Curios sailing in May is it something different then what is already listed ?

A "well" drink is basically a low cost liquor within reach of the bartender.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, DisneyTech said:

Hi @Ready2CruiseAgain,

By chance have you seen if they are selling a weekly pass to the Thermal area in the spa? My wife and I are boarding on the 12th, and we absolutely can’t wait!

Thanks!

James

$205 for  a week for a single person or $260 for a couple.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, Raintree said:

Are masks required on board in all or some areas?  Thank  you.

As of when we got off the ship yesterday morning, masks were required at most places. You did not have to wear them at the bars or in the atrium if you had a drink. They were still required in the theater, in MDR until seated, in buffet.  They were not required outdoors except when we went to sign the waiver for the water park the workers would not wait on us or talk to us unless we went put on a mask.  I have no idea why since it was outside.  People literally 1 foot away without a mask on. So stupid.

12 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sorry, we just got home and Cruise Critic quit working with my Kindle Silk Browser last week so I could not answer any questions on CC.  I will try to get them all answered.

I was hoping you were enjoying testing the bars and just forgot about the forums for a bit! 😉

Do you recall which pier you docked in San Juan - was it one of the Old Town ones or the far away Pan American one?  I can't seem to find a good port schedule for San Juan that lists the piers, like for example the USVI one.

1 hour ago, Wor1dTrave11er said:

I was hoping you were enjoying testing the bars and just forgot about the forums for a bit! 😉

Do you recall which pier you docked in San Juan - was it one of the Old Town ones or the far away Pan American one?  I can't seem to find a good port schedule for San Juan that lists the piers, like for example the USVI one.

LOL we did have a great time.  There were some glitches but it is MSC.  

We docked at the port right in Old Town. The ship was right across from Walgreens.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, DisneyTech said:

Hi @Ready2CruiseAgain,

By chance have you seen if they are selling a weekly pass to the Thermal area in the spa? My wife and I are boarding on the 12th, and we absolutely can’t wait!

Thanks!

James

I gave the wrong prices for the spa, I gave you the old prices and they just went up.  A single pass for the week is $280, couples is $360, it just went up a couple of weeks ago of $205 single and $260 couples.  We did not buy the weekly pass since it went up so much.  Was going to buy 2 weeks worth but to me not worth it. Could have gotten an Aurea cabin for the same price when you add that.