Your info/opinions requested: The Riverside, FLL

Tina99

34 minutes ago, Tina99 said:

Hi Cruise-Lovers ~

Having stayed pre-cruise at several different hotels, I’m now considering The Riverside.  What should I know that you have experienced, great, good, and not so good?  

Great location for restaurants and shops on Los Olas. There are a couple of restaurants and bars onsite. They have a pool.   It is on the Riverwalk and there is a water taxi stop. I would call it a boutique hotel. It is not a cookie cutter hotel. Nice lobby and grounds. The Classic rooms are dated. The Tower rooms are more modern. I usually stay at The Riverside pre cruise and in a Tower room. 

Edited by Charles4515

We just checked out yesterday, and we’re staying 2 nights post cruise.  We loved the hotel. We had a tower corner balcony room, and it was very large and comfortable.  The service is great, and the location is close to many restaurants and shops.  The streets  is noisy on weekends , but the hotel isn’t full of partiers. We’re seniors and felt very comfortable there. Service in the restaurants was a bit slow, but I think they’re short on staff as many other restaurants.  We highly recommend it. 

12 hours ago, FritzG said:

We just checked out yesterday, and we’re staying 2 nights post cruise.  We loved the hotel. We had a tower corner balcony room, and it was very large and comfortable.  The service is great, and the location is close to many restaurants and shops.  The streets  is noisy on weekends , but the hotel isn’t full of partiers. We’re seniors and felt very comfortable there. Service in the restaurants was a bit slow, but I think they’re short on staff as many other restaurants.  We highly recommend it. 

We are also staying 2 days before our cruise in a Tower corner balcony in April. I'm so glad you liked it now I'm looking more forward to staying there. I think I'm just as excited about the hotel as the cruise lol

On 3/2/2022 at 9:18 AM, runningtide said:

Any advice on options for travel from airport and travel to Port Everglades. Planning on staying the day before our May Celebrity cruise. Thank so much !

Are you staying at the Riverside? I would take an Uber or Lyft  to the hotel. The ride share area at the airport is somewhat confusing though so you might prefer a taxi. From the Riverside to the port an Uber or Lyft. I don't recomend a taxi because the port congestion going to the port is terrible, all cars stop and people have to show photo ID and the meter is running. Uber and Lyft is a set fare. The bell station also arranges shared shuttle rides. In the past it was $8 per person. When you get off the ship to return to the airport take a taxi. There is not the port congestion leaving like arriving and the taxis are there waiting. Uber and Lyft have to stage outside and enter after they accept the ride. Also leaving Uber and Lyft  come up with surge pricing. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:18 PM, Charles4515 said:

Are you staying at the Riverside? I would take an Uber or Lyft  to the hotel. The ride share area at the airport is somewhat confusing though so you might prefer a taxi. From the Riverside to the port an Uber or Lyft. I don't recomend a taxi because the port congestion going to the port is terrible, all cars stop and people have to show photo ID and the meter is running. Uber and Lyft is a set fare. The bell station also arranges shared shuttle rides. In the past it was $8 per person. When you get off the ship to return to the airport take a taxi. There is not the port congestion leaving like arriving and the taxis are there waiting. Uber and Lyft have to stage outside and enter after they accept the ride. Also leaving Uber and Lyft  come up with surge pricing. 

Thank you for this information! We are staying at the Hilton Marina pre-cruise; but I appreciate any info I can get.