Linked dining with different times

MechE31

We are traveling with friends next week on the Mardi Gras. We had previously linked our dining reservations thinking we had the same times. Turns out 6 people have early and 4 people have anytime. 

Any idea what will happen with dining times once we get on the ship? 

Early is usually booked up first, so I assume it is no longer available for them to switch. You might be able to switch the 4 to Early if that is what the group has decided on. Is YTD/ATD still available in your Cruise Planner under edit dining? One benefit of YTD is the upcharge venues that are inclusive on Mardi Gras are available from opening; those with assigned dining can request seating after 8:00pm.

17 minutes ago, mondello said:

Early is usually booked up first, so I assume it is no longer available for them to switch. You might be able to switch the 4 to Early if that is what the group has decided on. Is YTD/ATD still available in your Cruise Planner under edit dining? One benefit of YTD is the upcharge venues that are inclusive on Mardi Gras are available from opening; those with assigned dining can request seating after 8:00pm.

The group of 6 can switch to YTD, but are hesitant to do so because they are worried about the availability of tables for 10. The group of 4 doesn't have early available. 

4 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

The group of 6 can switch to YTD, but are hesitant to do so because they are worried about the availability of tables for 10. The group of 4 doesn't have early available. 

Well, some days the 10 may not be together anyway. There are so many choices onboard and Cucina, Chibang, and I believe P&A are free. Just sayin, YTD has dibs.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

..... Is YTD/ATD still available in your Cruise Planner under edit dining? .....

Out of curiosity I just looked and I can't edit dining time in any of the cruises I currently have booked.  I believe you'd have to contact Carnival or your travel agent to get that changed if you don't want to take a chance on getting it changed by the maitre d once you get on the ship (I've tried once before and was told they couldn't accommodate my request).

22 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Out of curiosity I just looked and I can't edit dining time in any of the cruises I currently have booked.  I believe you'd have to contact Carnival or your travel agent to get that changed if you don't want to take a chance on getting it changed by the maitre d once you get on the ship (I've tried once before and was told they couldn't accommodate my request).

My 3/26 cruise still shows an edit icon to click for changes but, maybe that is because I've yet to make my initial choice? I thought you could edit in your Cruise Planner to change bedding and dining choices.

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, groundloop said:

See post # 2

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, MechE31 said:

You're over thinking on this way too much. YTD shouldn't have a problem with a table for 10.

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

I believe booked direct with carnival can edit, if booked with TA, need them to do it. 

4 hours ago, MechE31 said:

I believe booked direct with carnival can edit, if booked with TA, need them to do it. 

Ahhhhh.... that may be.  Lately I've been using a travel agent so that they can sit on hold with Carnival instead of me.