MSC Internet Grade Experience?

mmt44

7 hours ago, mmt44 said:

Is video chat (Skpye, etc) actually blocked (not allowed) in the Browse package?  Or is this just a quality warning (it won't be seamless)?

Blocked. Same with any streaming option. No youtube, not even video on google news, or live stock prices streamed. Had to keep refreshing.

That was on Seashore in December and Meraviglia in January

On 3/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Blocked. Same with any streaming option. No youtube, not even video on google news, or live stock prices streamed. Had to keep refreshing.

That was on Seashore in December and Meraviglia in January

I used FB Messenger video calls on both Divina and Seashore with the browse package. Worked just fine. 

29 minutes ago, JCOvergaar said:

Does anyone know if its possible to use VPN/Remote Desktop? I need to do some work while I'm on the cruise 😞

I can't give you a 100% answer as I did not use yours specifically , but my vpn I had on my tablet did not work because they needed to lock my ip address into their system an using the Vpn, they (the server I was trying to connect thru) were/was unable to verify my tablet for secure transmissions.

Now if your device does not need verification with the server and you are just using it for security, then just deactivate it and authenticate directly to your server.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I can't give you a 100% answer as I did not use yours specifically , but my vpn I had on my tablet did not work because they needed to lock my ip address into their system an using the Vpn, they (the server I was trying to connect thru) were/was unable to verify my tablet for secure transmissions.

Now if your device does not need verification with the server and you are just using it for security, then just deactivate it and authenticate directly to your server.

Thanks! Thankfully most of the work I'll be doing won't require VPN so I might be able to manage even if it doesn't work... and I can always set up the most minimal possible VPN on my home network and piggyback off that if I need to, I suppose. 🙂