Canopy Tours, Bug Spray & Long Pants

wencel

I've read everyone's recommendation to use bug spray while on the canopy tours. Is bug spray still necessary if I wear long pants? I'm thinking of donning yoga pants, which are fitted so there wouldn't be any leg openings for the bugs to access.

I'm a little nervous about the bug situation as I was in the Caribbean in Oct and got bitten an average of 20x per day even though I doused myself with Off. The bites were so angry & nasty looking :eek: I was worried the airline staff would think I had some skin disease and not let me board the plane home!:D

I did the canopy tour 2 weeks ago and wore shorts and a sleeveless top since it was quite warm and you get even warmer hiking between the zip line starting points. I used bug spray and had no problems being bitten. I did get a couple of bites while in the woods in Mazatlan getting ready to do Randi's horseback riding, but once on the beach there were no bugs.

Archived