TEXAS CRUISERS

MrNobody

Mrnobody, I totally agree.And I will tip accordingly.Thanks for the help.

Lisa2

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Vacation Here We Come!!!
6-20-04 Carnival Elation!!!

MrNobody,

I'm here!!!Thanks for the info on tipping. I never mind tipping for good service! I don't know about all of ya'll, but I'm ready to cruise!!! Can't wait to meet some new faces and put faces with the names on this board. It's gonna be a great time!!!

Lisa2

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Vacation Here We Come!!!
6-20-04 Carnival Elation!!!

Checking in from Austin. Just got back from Vegas and I'm now anxiously awaiting our girl's cruise on the Sensation 1/6/05 from NOLA.

For motion sickness we started taking Bonine the day before we left and had NO problems the whole time.

For hotel in Galveston we stayed at the Commodore... nothing fancy but clean and cheap - and we parked our car for free for the week and took their free shuttle to/from the pier.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Majesty of the Seas 11/01
Splendour of the Seas 3/04
Sensation 1/6/05

[email]katie@fg2.com[/email]

Peyton6...how'd you do in Vegas?? Where did yall stay?? You are from SW Austin if I recall a past post correctly. I LOVE Vegas but my girlfriend hates it. I'm forced to go there with just my buddies. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Good to hear from you again. lisa2...I wish yall were going with us on the Elation on 7/18/04 or we were going with yall. Sounds like yall are a fun group and are going to have a great time. We have decided to go to Paradise Beach instead of Mr. Sancho's after all while in Cozumel. If you go to PB I hope you'll give us a review. MrNobody aka Jake

[This message was edited by MrNobody on 05-25-04 at 01:06 PM.]

Hey Texas Cruisers, just wanted to check in. I haven't posted on this thread for a while!! Mr. Nobody, you are out of control!!! Wish you were on the Elation with us June 20! Hey Coachcruiser and Lisa, we need to set up a meeting place along with the other June 20 cruisers!! Can't wait! Stacey

Hey Texas Cruisers, just wanted to check in. I haven't posted on this thread for a while!! Mr. Nobody,you are too funny!!! Wish you were on the Elation with us June 20! Hey Coachcruiser and Lisa, we need to set up a meeting place along with the other June 20 cruisers!! Can't wait! Stacey

ATT: LEXI

The Stacy Leigh sank last month in Galveston. We had some friends from Pflugerville who came in for a cruise and were going to stay there. While they were on board the boat tilted and sank. Last time we were down there it was still under water. Plus the owner still charged them for their room and they are fighting it out now. They ended staying at La Quinta on the sea wall.

Linda
glory 6/12/04
conquest 6/21/03

Cruising on the Glory 6/12/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Vegas was fun - lost all my money, but still had a great time. We went to surprise my brother for his 30th birthday - he'd never been before. Rooms were extremely pricey last weekend, so we stayed at Hawthorne Suites right behind the San Remo across from MGM - 2 bedroom/2 bath suite for only $120/night - can't beat that!

We're in Shady Hollow - just around the corner from Buda.

I'm jealous that y'all have cruise dates approaching so quickly - it's hard waiting for 225 more days!! I've never cruised on Carnival before, so I'm looking forward to it. My three girlfriends have never been on a cruise before, so I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with them. Our only port is Cozumel and I think one of the girls will go on a snorkeling excursion through Carnival while the rest of us head to Paradise Beach - I was there in March and loved it!

Sensation 1/6/05

Peyton6...Shady Hollow is a really nice area. I almost bought a house there in the late 80's. I loved Shady Hollow, but found a house I liked better in Circle C. I didnt like Circle C more than Shady Hollow, just that particular home appealed to me. I have moved further West since then to the outskirts of Austin. My son lives in Phoenix and I met him in Vegas to watch the Super Bowl and we had a blast!! But like you I came back a little lighter in the wallet.

Going on first cruise in august on the celebration. 15th wedding anniversary! Live in Irving and really looking foward to it. Mr Nobody how did you get the "not online" off since thats what mine says? Kids are staying home so will be just wife and myself . Any other cruisers who went on the celebration have any good ideas for us? thanks

Hey Keith, we live in Grapevine and work in North Arlington. Welcome to the boards! My DH and I were on the Celebration last July for our 15th wedding anniv. and loved it. It was our first cruise. The ports are great! The ship was recently refurbished and was clean. The staff was awesome. We had the best time on the days at sea hanging by the pool. You will have a great time. We are doing the Elation in June which is 7 days instead of 5. We can't wait. Let me know if you have questions! Stacey

dfwkeith...welcome to this thread! Looks like you got the *not online* off your post. My friends went on the Celebration and had a great time and I hope you do to. StaceyM good to see you back [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

cruzzer,
a friend of mine that sailed on the Conquest as part of the 911 emergen sea lights and sirens cruise used the scop. patch. the first three days she said she felt over medicated, kinda just out of it. she cut the patch in half and it worked great for her.
[I]The above information is strictly that, information and is not intended to be used as medical advice. if you have any questions about this or any meds you might be taking contact your dr. or healthcare professional.[/I]

Proud members of O.A.T.C.
Inspiration Sept,2001
Celebration Jan,2002
Celebration Oct.2002
Conquest Sept, 2003
Elation Feb. 2004
Elation Nov, 2004
[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/am369.gif[/img]
from the Alligator capitol of Texas- we dance to the Raggae beat!!!
[img]http://animatedgif.net/sports/diver_e0.gif[/img]

Hey I'm still here, just going crazy as we still have 2 months b4 we cruze! Hey Peyton6, we are headed to Vegas the week b4 our cruise! My husb Cuz is getting married in Bishop, CA and we are all flying to vegas to stay and then driving on to CA. I am excited ! I have never done vegas! the first night we stay at the Riviera, and the last night will be at the Flamingo. We plan to see it all, as much as we cantill we have to go home! we are even going to re-new our vows in the Drive-thru wedding for our 5th ann. on July 31st! then we leave for our cruise on July 26 which is actually part of my ann. present! The other part better be the big ol' ring i picked out!!heehee! I am bad, i know. But he is a sweetie and will come thru, i just know it!
Hey DFWKeith, We live over here in NE fort worth, just under hurst! And we both work in beford. I read on one of these posts where they get together sometimes, she said they just had a meeting over in arlington on may 15? i think,she said she would post again in about a month or 2 when they have it again. Maybe we would see ya there!

randykaye: sounds like you have a fun trip planned! We celebrated our 10 year anniversary on Splendour of the Seas in March - but we almost went to Vegas instead to renew our vows (a friend did that last year and the video was hysterical - Elvis walked her down the aisle!!) FYI - if you can find the slot machine called Sierra Silver it usually pays off really well - I've never been to Vegas and not hit the triple Sierra Silvers... not a huge payout, but it makes you feel like a winner! I think it paid 240 quarters when you hit it - and my sister won it three times in a row and only put in $10!! We noticed the slots at Aladdin seemed to pay out the most.

MrNobody: We love Shady Hollow - we're in the Villages - the newer (cheaper) section - but we'd love to move to the older section. This is our first house that we haven't rented, so we had to start out slowly! We wanted to move to Circle C, but we couldn't afford it. The home prices have really gone up, so we stand to make some money once we sell... only problem will be that everything else had gone up in price!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Anyone been on the Sensation? I am so excited about trying out Carnival for the first time... I love Royal Caribbean, but I've heard great things about Carnival. It's so hard waiting!!

Sensation 1/6/05

Spending our honeymoon on the Elation July 25. Just moved to Irving last year after graduating from Texas A&M. We sailed Rhapsody last May and loved it. Can't wait to see what the "fun ship" has to offer.

The honeymoon begins in
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

cruz'n ag
Welcome to the boards and Gig'Em! I'm the proud parent of an '07 and soon to be '08.

You'll love Elation. It was our first big cruise ship experience. Like they say you never forget your first. For the first two days my wife and I just walked around going "Wow"!
It's been 3 years so I'm sure the crew has changed but they were incredibly friendly and helpful.
Have a great time, and toast a sunset for me.

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?
Elation Sept 2001
Voyager of the Seas May 2002
Celebration July 2002
Jubilee Sept 2002
Destiny June 2003
Jubilee Sept 2003

as first time cruisers my wife and I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered. Should we bring an alarm clock if we want to watch the sunrise or do they have wake up service? also I read somewhere to bring a power strip so you can plug in more than 1 item since theres only 1 outlet? Do you bring Irons? I read you need to bring hair dryers. We are new to this and just want to be prepaired on the celebration this August. Thanks

if you have an inside room it is a good idea to have an alarm clock, and a power strip. there is only one electrical plug in the room, so a power strip comes in handy when she needs to use a curling iron and you need to shave at the same time. also, there is a washateria available on several floors that has an iron available to use. i think the cruiseline frowns on use of irons and candles in the rooms due to fire hazards. please feel free to ask all the question you want, the carnival string is about the friendliest one i have found on cruise critic. (don't flame me, this is only my opinion) lol

Proud members of O.A.T.C.
Inspiration Sept,2001
Celebration Jan,2002
Celebration Oct.2002
Conquest Sept, 2003
Elation Feb. 2004
Elation Nov, 2004
[img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/am369.gif[/img]
from the Alligator capitol of Texas- we dance to the Raggae beat!!!
[img]http://animatedgif.net/sports/diver_e0.gif[/img]

I'm from Houston and going on my first cruise to Cozumel on September 2nd - Labor Day weekend 2004 on the Celebration! We plan to bring liquor and beer. Do we have to pour our liquor into different bottles or just wrap it up okay? Are we allowed to bring a cooler or is that too noticible? How do you recommend packing the alcohol... (just trying to save some $$$)

Well of course I've never smuggled booze aboard because that would be in violation of Carnival policy [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Were I to do it I'd probably just wrap a bottle in a beach towel and bury it in the middle of my clothes or the extra firm pillow my wife brings along.I wouldn't even bother to put it in a different bottle. I've also heard you can bring Cuban Rum back to the US in similar fashion but of course that is just a rumor. Carefully packed, I'm sure a certain amount of beer could be brought in. On a trip aboard the Celebration a friend of ours brought a case of Diet Coke and a case of bottled water. Not that I'm suggesting such scandalous behavior, you understand.
Yeah, I think an ice chest full of brew would be a little obvious. There's always the chance they'll find something you have hidden in your luggage, but I think that is very, very slim.
You will love Celebration. She is an older ship and has some charming quirks about her. Some of the best service we have had on Carnival was on the Celebration. Cozumel and Playa are fun.
Have a great time and toast a sunset for me!

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?
Elation Sept 2001
Voyager of the Seas May 2002
Celebration July 2002
Jubilee Sept 2002
Destiny June 2003
Jubilee Sept 2003

We were recently hooked on cruising when our daughter (Jnnifer01) bought our cruise on Majesty of the Seas for our anniversary. We are going with 13 members of our family in December now. I hope to get them all addicted also. We are also considering taking our two granddaughters on a Disney cruise next February.
Can't think of a better way to spend my vacations! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Majesty of the Seas 5/04

Carnival Ecstasy 12/13/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived