TEXAS CRUISERS

MrNobody

travelitis,

from past experience, the traffic on weekends on the peninsula side can be from 15 minute wait to about 45 minutes. the ferries normally run about one every 15 minutes. If you look to your right as you leave the ferry dock you can see the cruise ships at the dock. hope this helps.

Jake, things are roaring here in Lockhart Lion Country. Bon voyage to you and all the other Texas cruisers departing on the Elation next Sunday. I will be watching you from Kroooz-cams. Let me know if the Elation still docks at Puerta Maya in Cozumel so I can make my rental car reservations online.

Teacup- I cruised the Elation over New Years and snorkeled in Belize without a wet suit. It was warm and pleasant. If I recall correctly, if you go to the top of this page and click on Destinations and then on Cozumel, there may be a place to click on to find out temperatures for different times of the year.

Hello to all...cruisin scrapper and p2lockhart thanks for the well wishes on our cruise this Sunday...we have shore excursions already booked on Cozumel and Belize and will probably check out the resort hotel in Progreso...p2 I'll let you know what Dock we use in Coz...Jake

TO KrusinKat-- Hey, nice to meet ya!! I can't believe ya'll are from Palestine,too!! Small world!! We moved 6 months after we got married up to Fort Worth back in 1999. But we go home all the time because all of our family is there!! I had another girl e-mail that was from P-town too! We leave on our first cruise for our 5th anniversary in 12 days!!!!! SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!

Hello to all...cruisin scrapper and p2lockhart thanks for the well wishes on our cruise this Sunday...we have shore excursions already booked on Cozumel and Belize and will probably check out the resort hotel in Progreso...p2 I'll let you know what Dock we use in Coz...Jake

I apologize for crashing your topic, but I have been looking for Mr. Nobody for days and he was here today.. Jake if you are still here, get in touch. I still want to meet up on the ship this weekend. We are still meeting at the bar after the drill. There are a few more than the last time you posted... Sharon

Hey fellow Texans, Aggies and Austinites!We're thinking of going on a cruise in Dec and looking at the Galveston Ectasy and Elation. Are the waters in mexico,Belize etc warm enough for swimming at Christmas? Since we're used to texas swimming I don't want to be stranded looking at the water because it feels too cold to us..the only cruise we took was a few years ago on the Renaissance in tahiti in July...thanks for any help...teacup

The water should be nice in December. I have friends who have done winter cruises into the Gulf. The avg. his in December are in the low 80's at the Gulf ports.

CRUISEKIMMY-- You live in Fairfield!! How cool!! We still lived in Palestine when we got married and we honeymooned at the Sandals in Nassau, and our first night there at dinner we met two couples. One was from Chicago(great accents to listen to all week, and they liked mine too!) and the other was from Ennis but his dad still lived in Fairfield!! too funny!! We cruise in 11 days! but first we are leaving for Vegas and California for this weekend!! Happy cruisin' Ya'll!!

I'm a fellow Texan, and I'm embarking on my first cruise August 8. I live in a small village on the north shore of Lake Travis, about 12 miles NW of Austin. I've flown to the "Mayan Riviera" and explored that region many times hiking and riding the Mexican buses, but this will be the first time I've ever been on a vessel larger than the ferries that serve Cozumel and Isla Mujeres!

CRUISEKIMMY- Vegas was GREAT!! We stayed fri. at Riviera, ok hotel, not really impressed but it was cheap and we were only sleeping there basically. The check-in/out was automated on a computer that you do yourself. DId not like that at all, give me a real live person! We had our friends staying with us and it kept trying to charge them for the room again on our card! and Checking out was even worse! We saw a show, walked every where we could, saw the volcano, treasure island show, etc.. everything was great! Sunday we stayed at the FLamingo, Much better. beautiful inside, great pool area with real flamingos walking around!! We just didn't have enough time to see it all, vegas was the stop on the way to Bishop,CA for a wedding. SO now we have to unpack, wash everything, and re-pack it all cause we head to Galveston Saturday to leave Monday on our first cruise!! can't wait!!

I work for an Optometrist, and our whole office is going to Vegas in Sept for the Vision Expo West convention, will anyone else be there by chance! so hopefully we can see more next time!!Thanks for asking and happy cruisin ya'll!

Randykaye...we leave Sunday for our Elation cruise and we are elated. Now... I'm really wondering if I might know you. Palestine is pretty small, you know. Did you go to high school there? If so, WHS or PHS. I graduated in 83 from PHS, my husband 82 from WHS. Both of our parents still live there.

Good luck on your packing. Ive got my things and two of my childrens bags packed, still have to get hubby and oldest son packed. We are leaving Saturday and staying at Marriott near Houston Hobby Saturday night. Can't wait to get on vacation!

kruisinkay- We have got to know some of the same people. Too small a town not to! We did go to PHS, but we graduated in '96 and '97! We are Brent and Miranda Evans, I used to be a Robertson. My whole family is still there and I am related to everyone!! I grew up in Montalba, that's where my parents still live. His mom was a nurse for years at the hosp and his dad was a cop, my dad still works at the railroad and my mom is a teacher at Cayuga!! I also found another person who is from Palestine here! that is too weird!! We leave for Palestine Sat to drop off our dog at my mom's she is keeping him all week! Then we are leaving Sunday for Galveston!! Our friends from here are going with us, but they are from P-town too! They are Ginger and Bryan Stewart. His parents owned the Stewart General Store that used to be in Montalba on the corner, you might know them! Ya'll have fun, I'm sure you will, maybe we will see ya in Mexico somewhere! Happy Cruisin!

Randykaye...well lets see. I do know the principal at Cayuga, Tracie Campbell. We were next door neighbors in Palestine. I don't know too many people from Montalba though. Lee and Wanda Bishop. Do you know them? What about David & Lori Richie. They really don't live in Montalba but between Palestine & Montalba.

Hope ya'll have a great cruise.

Kay

I was gonna invite everyone to our M&M, but Randy beat me to it!!! Y'all come!!!!

And Randy, the only reason for you that it feels like cruisin is cuz of the unbalanced feeling you get from too much alcohol...lol.

Judy

~~ Two Week Reminder ~~For any fun people from DFW area or anyone that plans to be in the area on Aug 7th. Come join your fellow CC friends at Rawlins Bar & Grill located at the Ballpark in Arlinton. 6:00PM We have people scheduled to attend from OK, AR, Austin, Kerens, and all over the metroplex.

Won't be able to make the August 7th meeting. We will be coming back from Tennessee. Hope that you have a great time. Not only am I preparing for this cruise, my darling DH has decided that it is time to purchase a home! Looks like we will be moving in less than a month! What timing! Packing and unpacking a house and attempting to pack for a cruise. Oh well, at least I do have a great vacation to look forward to! Oh, I am excited about the house too!

Archived