TEXAS CRUISERS

MrNobody

We will be Texans in 7 days! We are moving from Ohio next weekend. We are booked on the Elation for Christmas this year. We liked Paradise Beach when we were there last December. We also enjoyed Cozumel Sally's Minigolf. The shopping was ok but there were way too many ships in that day so there were too many people. The kids enjoyed McDonalds!

Happy Cruising!

Lori

Christmas Cruise on the Elation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Disney Magic 12/03

Majesty of the Seas 9/03

Majesty of the Seas 11/02

MrNobody, Mr. Sancho's beach has bar service on the beach, free beach chairs and tables, a resturant, a small straw market area and a gift shop(with really neat Mr. Sancho's beach T-shirts), a swimming pool with a waterfall, clean restrooms, lockers,massage cabana, and beach equipment rentals. This is a great place to swim, the water is not rough and the sand is soft and white. They also have ATV rentals and horseback riding. We did the horseback riding and it was wonderful. It was only 20.00 for 30 minutes or 30.00 for an hour if I remember correctly. You do not need a reservation. Just walk up to the desk and they get a tour guide to take you on paths through a jungle like area where you will see wildlife like iguanas etc. and then you go for a ride along the beach. Take your camera because the tour guide will take you picture for you. My best picture of the cruise! Also do not worry about getting a taxi back to the pier as there are always taxi's waiting outside of the entrance whenever you are ready to go back. Enjoy your cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;1;17;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000  6/9/04 Norwegian Wind to Hawaii

1/17/03 Celebration

Hello camreesmom, lg123, and TexasAlexus!!! Thanks to you all for the great info on Mr. Sancho's and Paradise Beach. Is it possible to get to both of them in the 6 or 7 hours we have in Cozumel and still have some time in town? Mr. Sancho's is sounding pretty cool after reading TexasAlexus' posting. We are kind of leaning toward Mr. Sancho's at this point. Someone told me there is another beach next to Mr. Sancho's that is fun also. I know Playa Sol is before you get to Mr. Sancho's but the beach they talked about was past both Playa Sol and Mr. Sancho's. Anyone out there know this beach? Thanks again to the previous three posters. Your info was great!

Come on TEXAS CRUISERS!!! We can't let the Michigan and Philly cruisers post more than us.I know there are alot of past and future Texas Cruisers out there checking out this site. What cruise ship were you on or are going to be on in the future??? Let us hear from you!!

We will be joining LG123 and PiperMcB during the Christmas cruise on Elation. My parents, two sisters, myself and our families (16) will be cruising together--and 11 of us have cruised at least once before. We all are living in the Spring/Woodlands area; however, my dad works in Killeen and my sister just moved from Pflugerville. I love hearing the reviews--it makes it so much more exciting and bearable to wait until December. Keep them coming!

NCL Sea - 10/00

CCL Inspiration - 11/01

12/19/04 Elation cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

You'll enjoy the Elation, it's a fun ship.

Doug

Doug & Pat

Wichita Falls, Tex.

Celebration 11-28-97

Celebration 10-02-98

Enchanted Capri 7-23-99

Enchanted Capri 3-12-00

Celebration 11-11-00

Inspiration 9-09-01

Celebration 4-13-02

Rhapsody of the Seas 9-15-02

Splendour of the Seas 4-7-03

Elation 10-5-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 1-04-04

Elation 2-29-04

Nothing firm yet. We're going to do something in the fall. We have to write those big checks to Texas A&M for our '07 and '08 Aggies, then we'll decide how much we have to cruise on.

We'd like to do the Elation again but have thought about RCCL as a change of pace.

Wasn't Cruising just made for Texans?

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?

Elation Sept 2001

Voyager of the Seas May 2002

Celebration July 2002

Jubilee Sept 2002

Destiny June 2003

Jubilee Sept 2003

Texas Buddy we'll not only save yall some food--we'll do our best to save yall some cold beer too!!! Hope yall enjoy your cruise and all goes well. Pirateover40 we have sailed on RCCL twice and really enjoyed it both times. I just feel like Carnival is more of a party ship and since I like Vegas soooo much I like all the neon icon_wink.gif I've got one Aggie graduate and one UT graduate so I can understand the check writing aspect of this deal. Thank God that's OVER!!! But as a man with only a High School education I can say it was definitely worth all the overtime hours and side jobs to be able to give my son and daughter a college education. But once again let me say....Thank God that's OVER!!!

Hello fellow Texans!!

We sailed this past March on the PARADISE over Spring Break with our family & had the most wonderful time. We live in Dallas (Plano actually) & hope to sail again soon when we get those Baylor checks written!!!

Enjoy your cruise! icon_cool.gif

Pianogrl-How much more crowded were the ports of call over Spring Break? Especially Cozumel. Was the ship overrun with Spring Breakers? CedarHouseRanch-We hope you'll write a cruise and port of call review when you return from your 5/23 cruise. Also, how 'bout that Rocket? It's worth the drive from Austin just to watch him pitch a game.

Pirateover40 & MrNobody, Know what you mean about those big checks to TX A&M. We will be on the Elation this Sunday celebrating the graduation of our #1 from there. One down and one to go in 08 (we hope!). First time cruisers and can't wait. Info on this board is great. 5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!

Hello fellow Texans,

We don't have any cruises planned in the near future icon_frown.gif, but we did the Eastern Caribbean in March and had a blast. We also sailed on the Celebration last Easter and loved it as well.

We live just north of Houston, but our hearts are in Austin where my DH and I grew up. Our brothers and their families are fortunate enough to still live in Austin.

I just love this board and have learned so much from it.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

A BIG Texas welcome to pompey, GayleR, and Bigboataddict!! I'm glad yall posted. pompey...I can almost guarantee that this will not be your last cruise. It is great. Congrats on your graduate also. GayleR...I agree that Austin is a great place. I have lived here since the 70's and thoroughly enjoy it. My sister, her DH, and my nephews live in The Woodlands and we usually go there for Christmas. I like that area also. Bigboataddict...where does your ship sail out of and what are the ports of call?

We hitch up with the Conquest in New Orleans and go to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We went on the same cruise last July but are doing different excursions this time.

7/18 Conquest cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Conquest 7/03
Celebration 6/01
Celebration 6/96

Pompey, you're gonna love it!
I'll warn you, once cruising gets in your blood you will be addicted for life. But what a great addiction!
Have a blast and toast a sunset for us...

Elation Sept 2001
Celebration July 2002
Jubilee Sept 2002
Destiny June 2003
Jubilee Sept 2003

Mr. Nobody,

That's too funny that you spend Christmas in The Woodlands. That's where we live and it's a great place to raise kids. We still miss Austin, though [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]. But, being 80 miles away from Galveston (to board cruiseships) is definitely a plus.

Gayle

Mr Nobody....we've only sailed during Spring Break times (kids still in school) but I'm very familiar with Cozumel from a cruise perspective & also being there on our own (personal vacation). We go to Cozumel alot & have for years, so I've seen it go from this sleepy laid back little island to one that you can definately tell when the cruise ships are in port! It's more crowded than ever now, but I look at it like this: more people get to visit Cozumel & enjoy this great little island & share in what we've known for years....only with a few more people around.

bigboataddict, I guess you enjoyed the Conquest since you're sailing her again. We hope to sail on the Conquest in Oct. 2005 for my dh's birthday. You'll have to let me know her pluses and minuses and which excursions you recommend.

Julie

[email]mjcrober@yahoo.com[/email]

Fantasy 12/03
Splendour of the Seas 3/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

Howdy! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Just kidding- I, nor any Texans I know, really say that [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My DH and I have 2 cruises for this year, so far. I might try to squeeze one more out of him before we leave California. Our 1st cruise out of Texas will be this December. We already have one booked and one being planned (Disney with the nieces) for next year. I can't wait!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Explorer of the Seas
(Royal Suite) 4/17/05, 7 Day Eastern Caribbean (2nd Anniversary)

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Carnival Ecstasy 12/13/04, 5 Day Mexican Caribbean

Carnival Pride
(Category 11) 4/25/04, 7 day Mexican Riviera (1 year Anniversary!)
Carnival Conquest
(Category 12)4/27/03,7 Day Western Caribbean(Honeymoon & 1st cruise)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by camreesmom:
bigboataddict, I guess you enjoyed the Conquest since you're sailing her again. We hope to sail on the Conquest in Oct. 2005 for my dh's birthday. You'll have to let me know her pluses and minuses and which excursions you recommend.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Conquest was DW and my first time on one of the larger ships, first cruise without kids and also first balcony room. We thought the room was nicer than the Celbration and had much more storage. Ship did not seem crowded at all to us. One night we were the only people in the aft hot tubs!

As for the excursions, we did Dr. Cave in MoBay, sting ray tour in Grand Cayman and sail and snorkle catamaran (Fury) in Cozumel. Don't know if I would recomend the Fury with children. We had a lot of fun on it but that was the night we did not make it to dinner[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This time we are going to the adult Sandals in MoBay, just going to the beach in Cayman and the swim with the dolphins in Cozumel.

Hope you and DH have a great time in '05

Mark and Kathy

[email]mjcrober@yahoo.com[/email]

Fantasy 12/03
Splendour of the Seas 3/04

[url="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600"]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/url]  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

[url="http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600"]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/url]  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

7/18 Conquest cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Conquest 7/03
Celebration 6/01
Celebration 6/96

[This message was edited by Bigboataddict on 05-19-04 at 07:16 AM.]

Hey, we are future texas cruisers! we leave on the celebration on july 26 2004!! me and my husband are originally from east texas, Palestine! bet not too many people know where that is! but we got married and moved to Fort Worth and we love it here! Can't wait to go on our cruise for our 5 year anniversary, will anyone be joining us in july!! thanks

quote posted by jnnifer01
"Howdy!
Just kidding- I, nor any Texans I know, really say that "

I suppose you have never been to the campus of Texas A&M University. "Howdy" is a way of life there.

Elation Sept 2001
Celebration July 2002
Jubilee Sept 2002
Destiny June 2003
Jubilee Sept 2003

Archived