Seashore Questions

DisneyTech

Hi Everyone!

We will be taking our first MSC cruise on March 12th aboard the Seashore. We have a random assortment of questions that the call center wasn't able to answer, and thought this would be the place to ask. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

• We are booked with the included "browse" speed of internet. Can that be upgraded to the higher speed on board? We upgraded the drink package online, but didn't see a similar option for internet.
  • Does the spa offer a weekly pass to the thermal area, and if so, how much is it? (and is it worth it?) (we are booked in a Fantastica balcony, no YC or Aurea packages)
  • Are they seating people with other travel parties at dinner? I called to request a table with only the 3 of us, and they said that they couldn't request that, but that "they wouldn't seat different groups at the same table." 
  • Has anyone found any good posts or websites that have all of the dinner menus, bar menus, daily programs, etc? 
  • Has anyone heard any passenger estimates for next week (March 12th departure)? Call center said that ships are only at 50% capacity due to distancing, but again, this seems suspect.
  • Any other tips or tricks that we should know? With this being our first time on MSC, I'm sure there will be a lot to learn.

Thanks!

James

4 hours ago, DisneyTech said:

Hi Everyone!

We will be taking our first MSC cruise on March 12th aboard the Seashore. We have a random assortment of questions that the call center wasn't able to answer, and thought this would be the place to ask. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

• We are booked with the included "browse" speed of internet. Can that be upgraded to the higher speed on board? We upgraded the drink package online, but didn't see a similar option for internet.
  • Are they seating people with other travel parties at dinner? I called to request a table with only the 3 of us, and they said that they couldn't request that, but that "they wouldn't seat different groups at the same table." 
  • Any other tips or tricks that we should know? With this being our first time on MSC, I'm sure there will be a lot to learn.

James, Bob in Winter Garden here.  I've always used their "browse" internet option and it's good enough to be able to upload pictures to my Blog. Might not support "streaming" if that's your need. Not sure if upgrading is an option but they usually have an Internet representative somewhere in the Reception lobby to answer questions.

Dining is separate groups. You won't be put with strangers.

The only tip I have is that MSC is different although they've come a long way with becoming more Americanized in the American market. Definitely more European which is something I love. As long as you accept that it will be somewhat "different" than prior cruises you might have been on, you'll be fine. Oh, and you have to go to terminals in the reception area and register your credit card to your onboard account and keycard, even if you already did this on-line in advance.

9 hours ago, DisneyTech said:

Hi Everyone!

• Does the spa offer a weekly pass to the thermal area, and if so, how much is it? (and is it worth it?) (we are booked in a Fantastica balcony, no YC or Aurea packages)
  • Has anyone found any good posts or websites that have all of the dinner menus, bar menus, daily programs, etc? 
  • Has anyone heard any passenger estimates for next week (March 12th departure)? Call center said that ships are only at 50% capacity due to distancing, but again, this seems suspect.

Thanks!

James

Yes you can upgrade internet onboard as well as dining and liquor packages.

I cannot help with much more. I was b2b in December but in YC