Car Rental in Barbados for a day

BostonRedsoxMA

We are thinking of renting a car for our day in Barbados, and just go off exploring on our own, beaches etc. Any tips? Any special driver's license needed or just a valid US license? Any tips you can share? or suggest a rental company

We've rented through Stoutes Car Rental. Cost in 2004 was about $92 US, including all licenses, taxes, etc. (I think it was about the same last year, but the papers from 2004 were right in front of me) Their booth is straight ahead about 50' as you're leaving the terminal building on Barbados. They were really great about mapping out where we wanted to go on Barbados.

Website www.stoutescar.com

E-mail info@stoutescar.com

If you contact them in advance by e-mail to reserve one and say Lois Swanson suggested you contact them, they usually offer a nice discount to people I refer. the e-mail and their site is show in the previous reply.

Lois

Thanks Lois,

That was very kind of you. I'll let my DH know, if he hasn't already contacted them. We'll be using them again for our April cruise this year.

• 3 weeks later...
We are thinking of renting a car for our day in Barbados, and just go off exploring on our own, beaches etc. Any tips? Any special driver's license needed or just a valid US license? Any tips you can share? or suggest a rental company

6 years ago we rented a mini moke and rental agencies were all over the place to rent you a vehicle, (this time a week ago) it seemed like a no brainer we would rent a car right at the port and drive the island, big mistake, we first should have noted that there now is only 1 auto rental at the port. and as we took off for the south end of the island to visit foursquare rum distillery, and bathseba, we got majorily lost, big time lost, we easily drove in a circles for an hour in amidst the sugar cane feilds, ( which we did see harvesting, cool) you couldn't tell what direction you came or went to, the roads sucked for being marked, and we had a very extensive road map. but by noon after we had drove around aimlesly fro 3 hours we were so frustrated. i would seriously consider hiring a taxi tour. the car rental for 6 of us was $123 included, local licsense and insurance, we put another $30 worth of gas in it.

and we were so happy to get back to port before the ship sailed that we really didn't see as much as we did 6 years ago!!

think twice about renting!

Archived