Testing for Mermaiden cruise

Alushar

Not very good experience so far with VV! They advised us on Wednesday we needed a certified LFT within 72 hours of next Friday (18th) sailing and a link would be sent on Friday.

The Link arrived at 20:15 Friday and the website wouldn’t take our postcode. After 2 hours on phone and chat with the Testers and VV we got it sorted to be told they don’t work weekends anymore so they’ll be posted Monday and should arrive within 5 working days. We leave for Portsmouth on Wednesday!

We asked VV what happened if the tests don’t arrive and we’re told there was testing at the Pier cost of £100 each! We pointed out this was really their issue but we’re told we’d have to try and sort it at the pier.

Way to go Virgin we aren’t your demographic but I was quite excited to try you I won’t be rushing again!

31 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’m on the same sailing but haven’t been sent the link despite receiving that same email on Wednesday. Was the link also sent via email?

We used the Virgin Chat and got them to send the link

Interesting, thanks. Not quite the free test they claim to offer then (though maybe they’ll reimburse your £4.48 in due course).

And the website specifically states it must be a supervised or video monitored test. 

After the testing fiasco before Scarlet Lady’s maiden voyage last summer I was hoping they’d have got their act together by now, but clearly not.

8B8204CF-749E-4A2B-A114-7AC3976C984D.thumb.png.09c58b12dc630cc965b3370596c7c125.png

I hadn’t even thought about the “free” bit grrr!

I’d heard Scarlet Lady was shambles our friends who are going haven’t received theirs either so looks like no lessons learnt.

Glad to hear you are coming back so must have enjoyed the actual cruise 

Oh yes, on board was fantastic although it’s certainly quite different from the traditional cruise experience. The food and service were outstanding, the entertainment hit & miss.

As for testing, I’ll wait to hear from them. I have a Plan B which, if they can’t deliver on their promise for Plan A, they’ll be paying for.

Edited by gumshoe958

Just arrived!

Ahoy,

We can’t wait to sea you on March 18, 2022, for our UK MerMaiden Voyage. As part of our mission to ensure the safest sailing experience while on our lady ships and in our destinations, we require that all Sailors come aboard fully vaccinated and get COVID tested before setting sail.

To ensure a smoother boarding process without delays, all Sailors must complete and show us a negative, lab-certified COVID test result (PCR or Rapid-Antigen) administered within 72 hours of boarding Valiant Lady. The great news is, local regulations now allow home testing from specific agencies, and we have partnered with NPH Group to offer FREE COVID testing.

The following lab-certified COVID test results will be accepted:

PCR: A polymerase chain reaction molecular test, commonly called a “PCR test” or “NAAT test”
Antigen: An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test or a lateral flow test

Check out the details on how to organize your test below:

Option 1 - FREE Testing through Virgin Voyages with our partners at NPH Group:

• Swim over to the NPH iMed test site to order your at-home test. Please allow up to 4 working days for DHL postal delivery.

• Click the Postal Delivery button. When it asks for the "Location Code" enter the discount code POR640

• Make sure to enter your email address correctly, and that it matches the email that is connected to your voyage booking – this will ensure you receive your Order Number by email which you will need to complete the self-test in the NPH iMed app.

• Download NPH iMed and register an account in the app App Store (IOS) or Google Play (Android).

• Follow the instructions in the pack to complete and certify the test.

• Questions? Contact the customer helpline: 0191 6053140 and select “Option 1” or check out the NPH user guide.

Option 2 - If you have a preferred provider who can certify test results, great. Bring your own test completed within 72 hours before boarding.

However you organize the certified test, these are the only accepted formats you may use at the port:

• Printed document

• Email

• PDF or image of your Certified Results

• Telehealth/Clinician Application notification

These items will not be considered as an acceptable format or testing method:

• Handwritten doctors notes

• An image of a test cartridge or “lollypop”

• A physical test cartridge or “lollypop”

• Antibody tests

• Home test kits that are not administered by our select partner NPH

While there will be a limited number of tests available at an offsite location for those who arrive without an eligible negative test result, this will delay your boarding, and you will be charged £40 ($54 USD). Please be mindful that all Sailors should still arrive at the terminal during their scheduled arrival time slot. Should you arrive early, you will need to wait outside the terminal until your slotted time.

Thank you for joining us. We appreciate your patience in helping us keep our ship, fellow Sailors, and Crew safe, and we couldn't be more excited to Set Sail The Virgin Way with you.

Lots of love,
The Virgin Voyages Crew