fridge on spirit??

layteacher

I just have to ask if anyone finds the mini-fridges useful at all.

I have never found them to be anything more than luke-cool, in other words, not very suitable to chill anything. And I don’t think they have control options, do they??

18 minutes ago, CarolSW said:

I just have to ask if anyone finds the mini-fridges useful at all.

I have never found them to be anything more than luke-cool, in other words, not very suitable to chill anything. And I don’t think they have control options, do they??

To get them to cool beyond sortachill you have to leave the cabinet door open and pull the fridge out a couple of inches. Dangerous in the middle of the night, but with a little extra air circulation, they do work better. 

Edited by Gypsywych
correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got off and I know balcony cabins do. Most of them didn't work when we boarded and after 12 hours of fiddling we decided to check the plug. Nope, not plugged in. One of many things that they didn't prepare to get this ship back into service. Once we got power to it, it cooled perfectly using my trick below. Drinks were as cold as they are in my home fridge.

Here is what I do. We pull it out as far as possible. Then we prop the cabinet door open behind the latch with something. You could use anything, we just happen to use a hairbrush because it fits perfectly behind the latch and does not fall out every time you open the door. I put the top of the brush above the latch facing out, the handle below and that way we don't have to leave the cabinet door open. It gives it about an inch of space and that is about the correct amount to give adequate airflow for these things to work properly. It worked great for two weeks on Pride and ditto for the Spirit.

I have to give props to someone else years ago on CC for first alerting me to this fix and I have to say we have had it work flawlessly on multiple ships. We like our drinks cold and we don't mess around! 😁 Add in a Yeti or a Corkcicle and we are ready to go!

• Thanks 1