Dining rooms, and men.

Sue sue sue

11 hours ago, icft said:

He probably does but is like me though I wear jeans rather than shorts. In both cases it is a pain in the butt to pack a pair of good pants just to wear on elegant nights. We just eat other places those nights so as not to rain on other people's parade.

The real problem I have with "dress" attire is there's no good way to keep it pressed looking. Maybe if you're driving and carrying it on but not flying. You can't bring an iron, there are none in the rooms and my last cruise on the Breeze only two of the three laundry rooms was functioning so there were TWO irons for 4000+ passengers and the one I used apparently only had one temp setting still working and that was "Scorch" leaving a burn trail down the sleeve. And I'm sorry but hanging a dress shirt or slacks in the shower doesn't produce the same effect as with a dress. In the end I did go "dressier" but it some ways it looked worse than just a pair of pressed shorts that had been lying flat in a suitcase.

My husband has always worn shorts in the dining room, but pants for formal night. I don’t foresee him changing this. Carnival is pretty casual and as long as you’re not wearing beach attire I don’t see why it would be an issue.